Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Topics » General Gaming Topics

Post Posted: February 5th, 2017, 10:20 pm 

Hopped on the server today, seeing that it had a decent number of players in it only to find out that about 45-50% of those players were in spectator. Most I saw was 11 people in spec in the middle of a match with 4 people on each team. I'm pretty sure servers have the option to have an afk kicker. And I don't mind people like Vag in there all the time, because he stays logged in so people come when it's empty. Other members of your clan sitting in there don't bother me either. But, there was a lot of non-members just afk in there. So, I'm sure you could allow certain users to sit in spec, while others get kicked? Either way, it's frustrating to see more people in spec than on both teams combined.

Post Posted: February 6th, 2017, 8:22 am 
Clan Member
Clan Member

I understand your frustration, but it really isn't a problem if the server isn't full (26 players). Of course it's a bit annoying to think there's a huge fight going on and then coming in to see that only 8 guys are playing instead of 19, but hopefully the large amount of players in general will attract others fairly quickly :)

Post Posted: February 6th, 2017, 10:49 am 

Yeah, I suppose it's only a frustration rather than an actual problem currently and last night. It was just surprising; I've never seen numbers like that before.

Post Posted: February 7th, 2017, 3:35 pm 
Clan Member
Clan Member

Yeah.

Having some addition to our bot could be a solution, but it might present a new problem, namely that it might kick admins who are spectating someone in order to determin whether they are hacking; this might take a long time, so that admin would most likely carom with whatever program we had to take care of excessive spectators, and get kicked, which would give them a hard time doing their job as an admin.

Post Posted: February 7th, 2017, 8:30 pm 

I have no idea how much flexibility your bot would allow. Like, I don't know if you could allow players of a certain level, admin or member rather than normal player, to be able to sit in spec for an indeterminate amount of time, where the normal player would get kicked after a specified amount. I have no idea about all that stuff, never run my own server :?

Post Posted: February 8th, 2017, 12:47 am 
Clan Member
Clan Member

We can only hope that Dr. Vagisilus will notice our little conversation and come up with a cunning solution :D

Board index » General Topics » General Gaming Topics