[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Section 8 Clan Forums • View topic - Video card recommendations
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Topics » General Gaming Topics

Post Posted: March 8th, 2017, 7:07 am 

Hello Psychos,

Looking to update my extraordinarily antiquated 8800gt video card.

It's 512mb of memory and 112 core excellence has served me well the last ten years
typing letter of hate to manufacturers of third world quality double forward fly lines and
Chinese grade cooking utensils.

But its time to say goodbye and upgrade. Between the utterly insane number offerings from Newegg and Amazon
one could quite easily slip into a hemorrhagic fit trying to decide what best will help actually one be in the game instead of
always a few frames behind, and trying to wear a hole in my F key.

Any recommendations for a decent card under 200.00?

Thank you and good day to you!

RU

Post Posted: March 8th, 2017, 9:42 am 
Clan Member
Clan Member

____

4GB of GDDR5 memory
Core (boosted) clock: 1493 MHz
Memory clock: 7010 MHz

Minimum 300W PSU recommended

$158.99 USD (sale ends this thursday)
_____

4GB of GDDR5 Memory
Core clock: 1328 MHz
Memory clock: 7008 MHz

Minimum 300W PSU recommended w/ 6-pin connector

$159.99 USD
_____

Clicking on the Green names lead you to Newegg.com's webpage for that product.

The GeForce GTX 1050 Ti (release: 4Q 2016) should provide you with the performance you need to run today's games on a med-high setting with great speeds while doing a fantastic job running older games such as COD4.

I used to have a 8600gt several years ago (barely stayed around 60 frames with medium graphic settings on cod4 with one of my oldest computers) . Some years with that setup upgraded computer parts as well as the GPU to the GTX780 (what a difference that was!). At the beginning of last year I upgraded the puter parts but this time scrapped everything I had except the GPU and bought all new parts and built it from scratch was still using the 780 at the time and it did wonders at the time.
I later on found myself getting (You can see there) the GTX960, extreme improvement over the last! most especially with the newly built pc. Am hoping to grab myself the newer series of cards by the end of summer!

Anyway hope that info helps you with your adventure! :D

-Anpan

Discord: Anpan#0130
Steam:
Youtube:
Twitch TV:

Post Posted: March 9th, 2017, 9:47 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks for visiting our forums and asking this question. :)

I recently bought a 2GB GeForce GTX 1050 for around $120 and threw it into my that has some minor mods (PSU, RAM, HDD). Overall I like the card, but I still can't crank the COD4 graphics and get dependable, stable FPS. That tells me I would probably benefit from other improvements, and assuming it's a valid metric my Win7 Experience Index indicates my performance bottleneck is now my processor and/or RAM.

So...depending on how old your core components are it might be the case that a $200 investment in a GPU will be overkill.

Medicinally,
V

Post Posted: March 10th, 2017, 7:27 am 

Thanks for the info.

Boggling ....the sheer number of cards MB cpus on the market.

Everything in my rig is from 2007 cept' windows 10 (ugh)
but it's floundering like Judd Nelsons enviable acting career.

Think I'll just build a new system.

RU

Board index » General Topics » General Gaming Topics