Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Topics » General Gaming Topics

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post Posted: August 12th, 2017, 3:52 pm 
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

I'm in agreement with Bo. Window's 10 is actually pretty decent for something they were basically giving away for free. It's been long enough most, if not all of the kinks are out and it runs decently smooth.

Post Posted: August 13th, 2017, 10:28 pm 
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Hi Rat
I had a young kid, 20's gamer, tell me what I needed when I built my computer. I just use it to look at web and play games.
It was at a store like Tiger Direct, (Canadian Computer) At time I didn't want price to get out of hand so I picked a little bit of a slower processor but spent the extra money on my video card (GTX 770). Not sorry I did this.
I think they would even build it for you at Tiger Direct, get a tower with extra fans!
Hey hope to see you soon

Post Posted: August 14th, 2017, 9:27 am 
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Vag, your picture made me hate myself a little bit

Post Posted: August 14th, 2017, 1:16 pm 
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

I spoke with and also chatted with Dell representatives a few days ago and they said that I could downgrade to Windows 7 from the new computer which would come with Windows 10. He said when formatting it would recognize two operating systems and I could choose which one felt most appropriate. My wife has windows 10 on her laptop Dell computer and she's not really excited about it but I guess there's a learning curve that I should probably get used to.

After many hours of watching YouTube videos, I have pretty much come to a conclusion that I would like to purchase the Dell Alienware Aurora R6. It seems that Nvidia GTX 1070 that it comes with has basically the same capabilities as the 1080 which is supposed to be the newest and best. I have seen comparison videos between the 1070 and the 1080 and I honestly can't see the difference. And here again, I'm not looking for the best I'm just looking for something that should last for a few years.

Now all I need is to be motivated and frustrated enough to go through the purchase. I can get the computer shipped to me and from my understanding (I've seen on boxing videos a dozen times) and the transference of my memory from my old computer and backed up WD hard drive shouldn't be a big issue. But here again I'm always concerned about compatibility with connectors and the wiring and the unexpected surprises you get when you don't have the right connectors.

Again thanks for the advice and hope to see you people soon. :-)

[s*8].RAT

Post Posted: August 14th, 2017, 3:06 pm 
Clan Member
Clan Member

There usually aren't a lot of changes in regard to cable ports etc. on PC's.. That is mostly an Apple hardware thing. So don't worry about that :)

Post Posted: August 15th, 2017, 2:28 pm 
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Well after some consideration and hemming and hawing I finally made up my mind and made the purchase:

Alienware Aurora R6
Processor Intel® Core™ i7-7700K Processor (4-Cores, 8MB Cache, Turbo Boost 2.0, Overclocked up to 4.4GHz)
Operating System Windows 10 Home 64-bit English
Cable US Power Cord
Chassis Options Alienwar"
e™ 460 Watt Multi-GPU Approved Power Supply with High Performance Liquid Cooling
Video Card NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1080 with 8GB GDDR5X
Memory 16GB DDR4 at 2400MHz; up to 64GB (additional memory sold separately)
Hard Drive 256GB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 72

It won't make me a better gamer but at least it gives me the opportunity to have a system to build on hopefully I will be up and playing COD4 before the end of the month.

Again thanks to the computer aficionados in your trying to reach out and help me :-)

[s*8].RAT

Post Posted: August 15th, 2017, 3:52 pm 
Clan Member
Clan Member

WE all look forward to killing you some more, RAT. Take care until then :D

Post Posted: August 16th, 2017, 7:01 am 
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Always my pleasure Munkey. :lol:

Post Posted: August 16th, 2017, 10:35 am 
Selector Admin
Selector Admin

Get set up and get your RAT tail back into the game. 'Nuff said.

Post Posted: August 16th, 2017, 4:44 pm 
Selector Admin
Selector Admin

I did build my own and have so since the 264s came out. I got tired of the graphic card failures so I got a Gigabyte motherboard with onboard graphics. The processor is an I-7, combined with the 16 Gbs of ram. My combination runs COD over 100 fps always. If I want to run a higher requirement game I'll dive into a new graphics card. I have no computer excuse for my bad playing. :o

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » General Topics » General Gaming Topics