[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Section 8 Clan Forums • View topic - First impression of 1.8?
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Topics » General Gaming Topics

Post subject: First impression of 1.8?
 Post Posted: May 10th, 2018, 10:05 pm 
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Just wanting to see what everyone thinks of 1.8 so far. Do you wish it was still 1.2? Is this an improvement from 1.2?

I'm surprisingly really happy where we are at right now. Yes, we've needed to work out some kinks, and some people still are - but I feel that this has actually been a good move for us. It would be a different story if we didn't have a player base but I find that our server is busier now than it was on 1.2. In fact, I started to notice before this all happened that gradually over time our server seemed to be getting slower, with a few peak moments. Whereas now, it seems were busier with a few slow times. Not counting the late night.

Just thought to look at the actual graph, and it kind of meets the point I'm saying.
Data.PNG
Data.PNG [ 19.04 KiB | Viewed 1007 times ]

Plus, there is hope that 1.8 opens up possibility, like taking Marty and Tubes right off of our server. Not to mention I am pretty sure B3 is more compatiable with the latest versions of CoD vs the older ones.

Post Posted: May 11th, 2018, 2:00 am 
Selector Admin
Selector Admin

I had some difficulty starting 1.8 because it was lagging for me.
But now I'm glad we are on 1.8 because there are more players and it's also fun that we all start at level 0. There is a little pioneer spirit over the game :lol:

Post Posted: May 11th, 2018, 2:44 am 
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

To put it simply it is pretty crowded, which is a good thing. Except sometimes I'm rather scared of not being able to join when I see the server with 24 people playing of which none is an admin :lol:

Post Posted: May 11th, 2018, 6:31 am 
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Actually liking 1.8 a lot better. Server is much more consistently crowded than it has been. Only thing now is to work in the new maps, but I guess we have to wait on that to make sure everyone has the correct files so the game doesn't crash on them when the new maps are loaded.

Need Version COD 4 v1.8? Click

Post Posted: May 11th, 2018, 6:32 am 
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Like it, running around new maps a blast

Post Posted: May 11th, 2018, 9:21 am 
Clan Member
Clan Member

I also like that we get a whole new crowd of people joining us, but naturally there is also the downside that we now get a lot - like, a lot - of new rulebreakers and hackers, which can get overwhelming and frustrating.

But generally, it feels pretty much the same to me. We just need to get as many of our people as possible to be aware what's going on, which might be difficult, since many don't use our forums at all, and don't have any other means of contacting them...

Post Posted: May 11th, 2018, 9:23 am 
Clan Member
Clan Member

Oh, and Doc: Admins have priority, so you can use the rcon tool to kick someone (preferably try to see if someone's score doesn't change for 20-30 secs, which could indicate that they're afk).

Post Posted: May 12th, 2018, 10:18 am 
Selector Admin
Selector Admin

My opinion is the change is good. I found that some of the basic weapons actually are really good. I miss some of the perks. It is an older game and it now has a new feel about it.

I agree that it is chaos sometimes, with a lot of unruly players. I was told that we admins need to be more aggressive and kick rule breakers instead of waiting for the B3 to do it. One warn and then kick. I was told that waiting on the B3, it made the admins look weak. I tend to generally agree. I'm not as fast or experienced as most admins, so by the time I type anything, I die twice and another admin has kicked the offender.

In response to that advice, I plan to spend time spectating and I'm practicing my typing commands.
Thanks, Jim

Board index » General Topics » General Gaming Topics