Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Topics » General Gaming Topics

Post subject: Goodjob S*8
 Post Posted: March 15th, 2014, 10:10 am 

First of all I'd like to say , Goodjob S*8. You shine again , shine with immaturity.

I've been playing for quite a while at the S*8 server , I've said it over and over again yet I got ignored. The S*8 members never make the teams fair , they barely know what to do when they suspect someone using cheats. And the first time I got my mouth open about the subject , a few words with some offensive words. Which aren't even that offensive but more like a wake up call. The result ? A kick. * Claps * If that's the way you guys do it , fine. To make it even more fun , the guy who kicked me was Anpan himself. The almighty Anpan. Good job , well done.

Post subject: Re: Goodjob S*8
 Post Posted: March 15th, 2014, 10:49 am 
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Wazdeze,
First of all let me try to explain a couple of things. The server was not developed to tend to your specific needs.
I was present during the period of time when you got irritated. You were very disrespectful " Wazdeze ALL >frickibngs S8 losers fix the teams." A kick quite honestly was an extremely lenient action to your overreaction that S8 are all losers and stating that to everybody in game. You have been around enough that you should have recognized you were out of line. The first rule, and by the way the rules are posted on a regular basis, states to treat all players with respect. You categorically combined S8 players as a losers.

Some of us try to play on specific teams and don't go auto assign (for me Marines or SAS admittedly). But that is rarely the case for the other members, we don't specifically try to gang up on nonmembers as you make it sound.
My suggestion to you would be to go to a server where you can rant your frustrations and say whatever you want whenever you want. When you are in somebody else's house you are expected to abide by their rules. And by the way Anpan happens to be one of our best administrators in my opinion.

Last edited by [s*8].RAT on March 18th, 2014, 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: March 15th, 2014, 11:07 am 

It aren't MY specific needs. But if the game is 4 vs 7 with a 500 - 1500 score. Then something is wrong. And what did you guys do ? That's right , absolutely nothing. And if this was the first time this would happen I wouldn't have said anything , but guess what ? This isn't the first time , and this won't be the last time. The S*8 members aren't even aware of this. They keep playing unfair games, act wrong in many occasions. Try to deny it , try it.

I know you don't gang up. I never said that. The point is that the S*8 people mainly don't make the teams fair ( Yes im aware that some do it ). And wo-oh-oh the first time I went on the offensive tour yes. Yes I got frustrated , yes I hate it when Im in a team that can't hit a single bullet. Yes I hate it when I got to play like that all day whilst others stand and watch.

However , this won't make any sense, You'll all cover up for each other and I'm wrong. Way to go.

Post Posted: March 15th, 2014, 1:29 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wazdeze, first things first: consider everything up to this point as a stern warning. Your derogatory behavior is not welcome on on our servers. If it continues, more aggressive action will be taken. I'll be happy to dissect both of your posts. Before reading further, please grab a pencil and consider taking some notes. You might thank me later in life.

POST #1 - March 15th, 2014, 3:10 pm
First of all I'd like to say , Goodjob S*8. You shine again , shine with immaturity.
FYI, starting anything off sarcastically won't get you taken seriously by most audiences or cause people to sit up and take notice. But people will lower their heads, shake them slowly, and maybe chuckle a little. Ask yourself which result are you hoping to achieve before deciding to respond again.

I've been playing for quite a while at the S*8 server , I've said it over and over again yet I got ignored. The S*8 members never make the teams fair , they barely know what to do when they suspect someone using cheats.
Regarding the "what do do when they suspect someone using cheats" remark, we do have a protocol requiring evidence be captured (video) before removing suspected cheaters. Some members are more active than others and some are administrators, but we have provided various "how to" forums to educate members and non-members alike on how to police "cheaters".

I am inserting three reference bullets next and I will refer to these in other comments below. You should jot these down, at least in summary form, so you take these thoughts into consideration now and tomorrow or the next day. These thoughts also would be the "general theme" of my response to your posts.

1) You have been playing on our servers for some time. We would expect that you would understand our rules, our protocols, and how limited our tolerance toward the attitude you are using to address your concerns. Our administrators have a clear understanding of our rules and are promoted to help maintain the game play environment that our founding members wanted when this clan was formed many years ago.

2) It is generally expected for teams to be balanced, but there is no stated rule to which we can enforce. We rely on the autobalance function to assist with that. We will take your feedback into consideration and discuss once we have our next administrative meeting, but there is no truly fair way to govern "balancing" the teams. The server could be full and one team stacked with the better players, and you're going to draw the short stick sometimes.

3) This is intended to be a fun game. We provide a non-competitive, family friendly atmosphere where most people don't care about the win/loss record. If you can't handle being competitive and losing, maybe you should try Minesweeper or Solitaire, or even step away from the screen altogether and take up gardening or crochet.

And the first time I got my mouth open about the subject , a few words with some offensive words.
A general rule of thumb in life: if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. See #1 and #3 above.

Which aren't even that offensive but more like a wake up call. The result ? A kick. * Claps *
As RAT pointed out, your reaction was ultimately deemed abusive, insulting, and/or offensive. Administrators were present and the situation resolved. See #1 above.

If that's the way you guys do it , fine.
It is. Rule breakers are shown the door. See #1 above.

To make it even more fun , (What makes being kicked fun?) the guy who kicked me was Anpan himself. The almighty Anpan. Good job , well done.
Agreed. Good job, Anpan. * Claps * Our administrator group unanimously backs the handling of this particular situation.

POST #2 - March 15th, 2014, 4:07 pm
This isn't the first time , and this won't be the last time. The S*8 members aren't even aware of this. They keep playing unfair games, act wrong in many occasions.
We have a united group of players and administrators, as well as a number of non-members that we have good relationships with. If some of our members are "playing unfair games" we would certainly be made aware.

Try to deny it , try it.
I officially deny it.

I know you don't gang up. I never said that. The point is that the S*8 people mainly don't make the teams fair ( Yes im aware that some do it ).

There is no directive regarding "fair play" as it relates to who joins what team. See #2 above.

And wo-oh-oh the first time I went on the offensive tour yes. Yes I got frustrated ,
And based on the opinion(s) of the administrators present your actions were sufficient to remove you from the game. See #1 above.

yes I hate it when Im in a team that can't hit a single bullet. Yes I hate it when I got to play like that all day whilst others stand and watch.
See #3 above.

However , this won't make any sense, You'll all cover up for each other and I'm wrong. Way to go.
Your closing remarks are again dripping with sarcasm. Being sarcastic is an offensive, belittling and insulting method of dialog that, while can sometimes be fun, never productively solves any problems under any circumstances. I think the lessons you need to take away from here are (a) about your attitude towards the game you want to play, and (b) understanding the environment s*8 provides. Depending on the viewpoint, you're interested in making a suggestion on how we can improve game play on our servers. That's a good thing. But you're doing so in a derogatory manner...not a good thing. Please make a better choice next time...either find a way to productively help us maintain a fun environment or save everyone the headache and find another environment.

Post Posted: March 15th, 2014, 2:04 pm 
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

I was going to post a reply to this, but Vagisil summed it up pretty well. I do want to add a few things.

1) I also believe Anpan did the right thing. He is a great admin and made the right choice in my opinion. Good job Anpan! :D

2) I want to being up why I think your complaint about unfair teams isn't valid. There is one reason: People like to win. Our server is built on a structure of having fun and keeping it a family friendly environment, but that doesn't mean the game isn't frustrating sometimes. That being said, nobody wants to switch teams when their team is winning to "make it even" and that is why is doesn't happen. I'm sure that if your team is winning a game by 1000 points and you are having a great game you wouldn't switch teams to make the game even, nobody would. That is why auto-balance is important. When people on the other team get mad and leave (which is the correct course of action by the way, not insult other players) the game forces the other team to give up players, but I would bet they don't want to go to the losing team. Yeah, sometimes clan member end up on the same team and that team does well, but you can't expect anybody to willingly switch teams because some players feel it is unfair. That is essentially how the game works sometimes and you have to except that fact. We don't do anything wrong to make teams unfair.

3) I know you have been playing on our server for a while so you should know our rules. If you break the rules (which you know you did), you get kicked. It is as simple as that. Next time, maybe trying leaving instead of insulting our clan.

Post Posted: March 15th, 2014, 4:05 pm 
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

1. Good job Anpan
2. Good response Vagisil although personally, I would not have spent that much time nor effort.
3. IT IS A GAME, lighten up
4. If you don't like the way we play or manage OUR server you are not bound to stay here, go elsewhere.
5. If you DESIRE to play here, be respectful of other players, our admins, our rules and, our gameplay.

Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.

Post Posted: March 15th, 2014, 4:25 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Love ya, taj. Let's just say I felt compelled. :)

Post Posted: April 10th, 2014, 12:53 am 

woof

Post Posted: April 10th, 2014, 7:12 pm 
Clan Member
Clan Member

Vagisil, I was in class when I read your "gardening or croquet" line and burst out laughing in the middle of lecture. Jokes aside though, just thought I would offer my cent and a half.

It's Call of Duty 4. A game released in 2007. The reason that I still play and that the rest of the clan still play is that we love the game. We appreciate it for its simplicity and at the time great graphics and gameplay. I would argue that it ranks among the most popular games of all time and its longevity proves this point.

We do not play the game competitively because noone does anymore. I play to have a good time, relieve a little stress sometimes, and because I generally like the people that I still play with. The family environment is what has kept people coming back to our server for many years. I would like to keep it that way.

If you are looking for a more competitive style of gaming where you care about winning and beating the other team/player: Buy a different game! Personally I recommend Titanfall/Starcraft II/ Call of Duty Ghosts/ etc..

If you have beef with the s*8 clan/cannot follow the rules with respect, please choose another server or a different game.

In closing, we should all strive to eat more dairy products because not only will the calcium keep our bones and teeth strong, but milk offers a delicious and nutritious way to increase our intake of phosphorus and cancer fighting fats. Stay thirsty my friends

Board index » General Topics » General Gaming Topics