[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Section 8 Clan Forums • View topic - Don't know when I'll be back
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Topics » General Gaming Topics

Post Posted: August 8th, 2015, 11:34 pm 
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

I honestly don't know when I'll be back. Hopefully soon.

My computer slowly stopped working properly. First it just wouldn't open certain things properly, and now I get an error when I boot up my computer and then it just restarts over and over.

I'm thinking my solution is reinstalling Window's onto my computer, but I lack anything of the sort to do so. I went to Walmart in hopes that they'd have Window's of any sort, but they were lacking. Their exact words to me were "When we first got all our Window's, we sold out and didn't order anymore...that was 6 months ago". I was slightly...not impressed.

The only other place I can look is The Source(in which I desperately hope they have it). Otherwise, I'll have to resort in getting it from the city(which I don't know the next time \I'll be going. It's a 2 hr drive), or online. Online would be fine...if everything got delivered to me properly, and not lost. :)

Ha, sorry for the long post. It's turned into a slight rant. :)

I guess I'm just giving a heads up. I don't know the next time I'll be on. It could be tomorrow, a week from now, or longer. Just didn't want you to think I'd just gone inactive suddenly.

Post Posted: August 9th, 2015, 3:09 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sorry to hear about the technical difficulties. Hopefully some of the smart folks around here can brainstorm and think of a couple of options to help you get it fixed. What version of windows were you running?

Post Posted: August 9th, 2015, 6:31 pm 
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Sorry to hear this Ruddy. What version of Windows were you running? Microsoft is currently upgrading pretty much the world to Windows 10 for free.

You might also Google "Windows System Restore" and try rolling back to a previous restore point. That can solve a lot of problems if it is just your OS that got messed up.

Kin

Post Posted: August 9th, 2015, 6:34 pm 
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Window's 10. I had it installed on my computer for a week or so before it started acting weird. It was running perfectly and nothing seemed wonky. Although, if it is associated to Window's 10, I'd probably think it was because I didn't do a clean install.

If anyone has any tips, it'd be greatly appreciated. The only solution I've found online is reinstalling Window's by disc or stick. Simple enough, only I'm lacking a physical copy.

Post Posted: August 9th, 2015, 6:38 pm 
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Check what dates you have in the restore points and if you can get back before things went wonky. There might have been a supplemental update since the initial install that wonked you (similar to flash nade bonk...).

Post Posted: August 9th, 2015, 7:17 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I wouldn't be completely surprised if this is driver related. Can you boot into safe mode (F8 or possibly Shift+F8 at startup)? What Windows version did you upgrade from?

Post Posted: August 9th, 2015, 9:44 pm 
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Window's 7.

I'm not able to put it into safe mode. I've tried multiple times, and just tried doing it your way with Shift F8. I was hoping that, that was going to be my solution! Haha

I don't know if I was completely understood in how far my system will actually go. I get my screen that tells me my options of F#'s to push to access different area's. I've looked through all of these, and even looked up online if there was anything specific to help me in any one of those.

After that screen I get a big blue screen stating "Inaccessible Boot Device", and then it restarts. Then it continues to do these actions over, and over, and over, and over again.

That's why I'm pretty sure I need to get my hands on a window's disc. Now, I don't honestly know if that will help or not in one way or another, but I'm hoping so.

I'm looking at many comments from this, and this seems to actually be associated with Window's 10. Hopefully for the sake of how many people are installing Window's 10, they fix this.

I think accessing a Window's disc/USB is my only option at this point.

Just so you kind of get the picture of what I'm seeing...

The only difference between that picture, and what I see is my error actually is "Inaccessible Boot Device". Which is more or less the same error shown there.

Look at that sad face! Trying to seem all innocent. >.< :)

Again, sorry for the long winded reply. :) It's just so frustrating not being able to access my computer. My laptop is just not cutting it for me. Haha

Post Posted: August 10th, 2015, 2:42 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Read this today and thought of your struggles (not that it will cure them):

Post Posted: August 10th, 2015, 7:58 pm 
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

awwwww.... im gonna miss you waaaay too much.
love ya gurl
come back soooon.. and faaasstttt.. :)
sorry you are having probs w/ your "puter" :(

Post Posted: August 10th, 2015, 9:11 pm 
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

@Vag

Yeah, that's almost hitting close to home. It sucks that it's actually a major issue. :(

@M

I'mma miss ya to M :) I'm not used to not being able to play CoD4 at will. :( I'm usually on at least once a day. :(\
I don't know how fast it'll be, but for sure soon! One way or another. :) Can't keep me away to long. :P

Board index » General Topics » General Gaming Topics