[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Section 8 Clan Forums • View topic - xxx-only in tdm cod4 server
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Topics » General Gaming Topics

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post Posted: August 3rd, 2020, 9:56 am 

Hello,

First, a sort introduction. I'm Middi, been playing cod4 for >10 years now and been part of the BC-clan (Bandit company), before it fell apart by the owners a couple of years ago
They had quite a succesfull server (snd) and eversince they stopped, i stopped playing for a while. There were no servers that i liked.

Now, currently i've found your new server and since it is one of the few remaining servers i fancy playing. I would like to keep it that way.
However, i have run into a few problems with some of your admins/moderators.

When there are few ppl playing, the map sometimes changes for no apparant reason and it becomes shotgun only/sniper only/pistol only etc.
I do not always fancy this, so when i start playing 'normal' i get asked (or screamed at via capslock) to change guns. When I respond that there is no rule that enforces this, i most of the times get warned/kicked or even temp banned for rule 8 or some made-up reason.

To be honest, i'm getting quite sick of this. Not only because is irritates me, it also scares other (new) players away.

Now, i wont start filing complaints on your admins, i understand that they just want to play a nice game, but so do i. And so do the other people that leave the server when it becomes xxx-only.
Therefore i'm asking you politly; could you please clarify what the rules are for xxx-only.

- when is it xxx-only and when isnt it. (eg. (1)when all the players agree, including players who join later in the game or (2) standard on maps like killhouse & shipment, or (3) when there are less then 5 players). Just some examples :)
- What is oke and what isnt oke for xxx-only. for expamle, are stuns, smoke and flases oke? and what about nades? and killstreakrewards; Are choppers and airstrikes allowed? (eg. i got tempbanned for using a chopper, but i guess nading shipment and airstrikking it is allowed for shotgun only? doesnt make any sence to me.)

Hope you help me out here. I just want a nice cod4 server that has good rules that make sence and admins that keep the server alive/lively.
And please, do not say that this is something that the players ingame need to figure out themself, because this is the whole reason that i registered on your forum ;)

Greetings,
Middi

edit: and again tempban, together with some other ppl. Shipment shotgun only. Some new ppl join and play with assult guns. There is a-lot said and screamed over the chat (it was a bloody mess on the chat), i also start playing with my ak and we all get banned. I don't believe this is how you guys want a server to be run?

Post Posted: August 3rd, 2020, 10:48 am 
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Hello Middi.

I posted the rules for you to read. Rule 8. do not argue with admins.

I warned you many times. then i put a warning on you three times. If you are not complying, the bot will tb you.

I have explained there to you that it is a discussion about making a rule. every one that comes in and have played on shipment and or killhouse, knows that they need to play only with a shotgun. No one complains. We play, and have fun.

We change the map when there are only 4 people playing. We are not responsible for the other people that come in and start playing. We are not going to tell them to wait for another map.

No choppa!!!! I asked you many times for you to go to spectator and the choppa would go away. It is not fair to call the choppa when players are only using shotguns. They CANNOT shoot it down.

This is what we ask everyone that comes in. Most know what not to do. They comply with the rules/or with what we are asking them "politely" to comply when it comes to a smaller map.

You argued, you did not follow, you did not care, and it seems that you did not read any of the rules i posted there, if you are asking for them here.

As you realized, Anti came in to the server, and I switched the map to shipment, and reminded him of shotgun and no choppa, and he simply agreed. We played and that is what happens to Most of the people that come in to play in our server.

People are nice, they have fun, they don't argue. It's all we ask.

thank you very much.

M.

Post Posted: August 4th, 2020, 4:48 pm 
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Locking topic because this matter is currently under discussion with the admins.

Middi, thank you for your input. Your post is copied and pasted in the admin section of the forums for inclusion in our discussion and ultimate decision on this matter. If you have any other problems with this, please PM me directly on here.

Need Version COD 4 v1.8? Click

Post Posted: August 7th, 2020, 5:38 pm 
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Hello Middi,

Thank you for voicing your concerns with the server administration and bringing it to the forums for inclusion in our discussion on the issue.

We have formally adopted the rule that temporary weapons restrictions shall be obeyed in our server. I am not sure of the exact phrasing but that is the essence of the new rule. We apologize for your recent experience and hope to see you back in the game. Just bear in mind that it is now an official rule that has been added to the list.

Have a good day! -- Nil

Need Version COD 4 v1.8? Click

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 

Board index » General Topics » General Gaming Topics