Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Topics » Off Topic

Post subject: Music revisited
 Post Posted: June 25th, 2018, 4:04 pm 
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Hey all.

I don't know what music you all listen to but I HIGHLY recommend everyone here listen to Mike Shinoda's new album Post Traumatic.

For those of you that don't know, Mike Shinoda is the singer/rapper that stands along side the now deceased frontman Chester Bennington of Linkin Park. He is also the frontman for the band Fort Minor.

He dropped this album last week in response to Chester Bennington taking his own life, and outlines the grief process of someone so close to a situation like this. It is definitely very sad and very heavy, but in my opinion, one of the most important musical albums ever written.

If you get the chance, definitely give it a listen and share some opinions? Let's open up a dialogue

Post subject: Re: Music revisited
 Post Posted: June 29th, 2018, 4:49 pm 
Clan Member
Clan Member

I havnt gotten a chance to listen to this album in particular, but rap in general can be so moving, with the songs they write that are straight from the heart, and touch others so deeply.

I have a lot of respect for all those guys that can express their feelings, and share their life stories and struggles through music. (Eminem and NF are two of my most respected rappers) NF more so, as he is a Christian (as I am) and can relate to a lot of the stuff he went through, and where he is going...I feel like Eminem was able to express his feelings incredibly well through his music, but was unable to put a finger on what he was missing, and how to change his life around for the positive (although his love for his is out of this world, which is something to definitely be admired)

Anyway, I hijacked your thread with different artists, lol.

I will give this one a listen, and get back with my "1st impression" thoughts.

Post subject: Re: Music revisited
 Post Posted: July 2nd, 2018, 10:24 am 
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

No worries mate. I feel like Eminem used to be so emotional, but lost it as of late. I feel like he sold out and now is pretending to have that same amount of passion to push a political agenda, which I don't feel you should use a rep of pushing through drugs and violence to become a better dad (on the Eminem side), or being a hilarious douchebag (on the Slim Shady Side). I'd say if you want to be a political rapper, don't call your fans not real fans when they're fans of your music you've made so far, not for your political views.

I'm actually a HUGE fan of NF, and I feel like he always speaks from the heart and stands up for the underdog. I had an opportunity to see him live, and to be honest, I was underwhelmed and a bit disappointed. He was great with lyrics and passion, but lacked the ability to work the crowd, and barely talked to the audience at all to be honest. His music is fantastic, but I likely won't see him live again.

Definitely give a listen and let me know!

Board index » General Topics » Off Topic