[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Section 8 Clan Forums • View topic - sc TDM Best Maps HC
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Topics » Off Topic

Post subject: sc TDM Best Maps HC
 Post Posted: June 27th, 2016, 9:44 pm 
Clan Member
Clan Member

So I jumped on their server tonight after the last guy on Psych Ward logged out, and they were doing their dumb zero-grav thing, and then one of the guys is like "remove the s8 tag or be kicked". I ignored him, and a few minutes later was kicked from their server.

I would like to think that some s8 member killed him so many times that he swore an oath never to have s8 in his server again, lol.

But it got me wondering... Does anyone know why they started doing that?

Post subject: Re: sc TDM Best Maps HC
 Post Posted: June 27th, 2016, 10:51 pm 
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

You nailed it on the dot.

The information/reason's as to why can be found here ...

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=826

and

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=819

Post subject: Re: sc TDM Best Maps HC
 Post Posted: June 28th, 2016, 9:20 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

The second link above will probably be accessible for most folks; the first one is an open letter of sorts that I have drafted but not published.

This problem comes down to one administrator, and only one - sc.Terminator|C (also plays as Judgement Day). He has elected to single-handedly prohibit any [s*8] members from playing there. He is only able to temp ban, not permanently ban, and he has been doing so for about a month now. We technically have no "right" to play there; as a player it is your option to choose where you play but as a server operator they have the right to say who can and cannot play there. All I can say at this point is things started to go downhill with this post on their website:

I believe that many of our members have a good rapport with just about every single member and administrator in their clan. I recently heard through their grapevine that my name is on the "ban request" list. While I have been told through the very same same vine that their leader will not ban me, it would not come as a surprise if it does happen someday. Their leader (sc.CroW|C) will not intervene in this issue, and I have tried to contact him multiple times asking for a conversation, both via 1:1 private messages on their website and as a recipient of messages I have sent to Terminator. I have received no response from their leader and only hostilities from Terminator (up to personal threats). I foresee no resolution on the horizon at this time. As mentioned, you have the option to choose where you play. You will most likely be temp banned again by Terminator if you show up on their server with our tags.

We all have a few options to consider:

1) Just don't play there. Play on Psych Ward instead (or see #3 below). I know this one is hard because their server gets more player traffic. However, we can advocate against this outcome by simply choosing not to play there. I believe we can still re-establish Psych Ward as the place to be, it just takes a little bit of dedication on our part.

2) If you do make your way there be your friendly, conversational selves (until you get kicked by Terminator). We can't openly go advertise our server on theirs (it's an unspoken code of conduct thing) but we could and While there, suggest to your friends that you're "going home". If you see fellow clansmen there, ask them to "go home" with you. It usually only takes a few minutes and a couple of players to get our server going a bit.

3) Why not set up a dual patch and check out the 1.7 version instead? and we recently started up a server there. I'd like to see us all make that jump sometime soon, and I promise that you will find more player traffic there. That patch also has a few new maps to experience. When you do get there, please be sure to let everyone know you've patched up. Then, when you're out there, represent with your your clan name and tags just like you would on 1.2 so we can find each other out there. If you have to get your game on and there's no action on 1.2, I promise you'll find some on 1.7...

4) Feel free to make a polite, direct complaint on their website. You're representing us, so don't get in any argument or post anything disrespectful. I think if may fall on deaf ears, but you never know if changes might take shape if enough folks (members and pubbers) speak up in our defense. This may be the best route anyhow; folks who frequent their site would get to hear our story this way, but it would probably create more backlash in the end.

Above all else, I ask this. Please continue to wear our clan tags with honor and respect. Not to sound too egotistical, but Section 8 is a better clan...we outnumber them, we have more regular players, we have a deeper history, and we absolutely would not tolerate this sort of behavior. Don't let the childish threats of an bullying, immature grown man dissuade you from continuing to do so with pride. He has issues, and I honestly think he is trying to tear our clan down by prohibiting our presence (this may or may not be a unilateral thing...I'll leave that last thought for you conspiracy theorists).

Thanks for being awesome people and for staying loyal.

V

Board index » General Topics » Off Topic