[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Section 8 Clan Forums • View topic - Introduction, and question regarding gameplay.
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Topics » Feedback and Comments

Post Posted: June 2nd, 2018, 3:15 pm 
Clan Member
Clan Member

Hey all, My name is Nate (Gadgets) and I have been playing cod4 since the day it came out...I have never been amazing at gaming, but play more so for the social fun of it all.
Im originally from Central MN, but moved to Jamestown ND as thats where my wife is from. I am finally able to settle back down into a little gaming as the last few years have been crazy busy for me (looking forward to getting back at it). Its nice to have a place (clan) to call home...I think I'll stay, if you'll have me. :)

Anyway, my question...

I have a few people a little excited as I did a "spawn run through" unintentionally of course, the spawn switched, and laid about 6 of them out with my m9. anyway...Obviously this was an accident, but are "spawn run-throughs" against the rules, or just spawn camping?

Thanks
~Gadgets

Post Posted: June 2nd, 2018, 6:56 pm 
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

If you happen to be where players suddenly start spawning where they haven’t been spawning before that’s fine. There is no way to avoid that. It’s when you intentionally remain there and keep hammering it over and over.

Of course spawn camping is a two-sided coin. Quite often it ends up happening because too many players on the other team decide to camp where they spawn. This forces the enemy to come to them. If it’s 8v8 and team A has 6 campers at spawn then that leaves only 2 to go against the 8 people on team B who didn’t camp. Those two get slaughtered and before they can spawn, team B is now in their spawn point.

Need Version COD 4 v1.8? Click

Post Posted: June 2nd, 2018, 10:23 pm 
Clan Member
Clan Member

Great, thanks for the clarification/confirmation.

Looking forward to killing more noob campers. Lol

Post Posted: June 3rd, 2018, 9:34 am 
Clan Member
Clan Member

Nice to have you, Gadget. It was fun talking to you last night :D

Post Posted: June 3rd, 2018, 6:35 pm 
Clan Member
Clan Member

Like I said, I really miss the social end of gaming. :)

Thanks for having me.

Post Posted: June 3rd, 2018, 7:45 pm 
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

My name is Natasha, and it's nice to meet you Gadget! :)

As for your question, Nilrem basically nailed it on the head. Sitting in one spot in a spawn and picking them off as they spawn isn't allowed. If you're running around and trying to force their spawn out (kill everyone) that's allowed. You're not camping.

Post Posted: June 4th, 2018, 11:27 am 
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Thanks for clarifying the rules rather than just freaking out, as you'll see some players do when challenged. My name is Guage, and I'm from northern UT, USA. Always glad to see eager players that are ready to not only kill and be killed, but also enjoy the atmosphere of our little gaming world. Hope to see you around sometime soon!

Post Posted: June 4th, 2018, 3:50 pm 
Clan Member
Clan Member

I'm Viktor, and I live in Aarhus, Denmark (although, from September to February, I'll be living in Sheffield, England).
And again, it was great talking to you the other day, and I look forward to many more conversations and killing experiences :)

Board index » General Topics » Feedback and Comments