[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Section 8 Clan Forums • View topic - Server issue/rules clarification
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Topics » Feedback and Comments

Post subject: Re: Server rules
 Post Posted: January 29th, 2016, 10:36 am 
Clan Member
Clan Member

I really don't want to start a new thread on this and don't know where exactly to put it anyways, so I'll just ask here.

So, for the last few days (and at other times) I have noticed a lack of admin available to actually "warn" and kick those who are disobeying the rules.
Just saying "you can't use the g/l here" or "no martyr" only goes so far, and though it does get through to some, others just ignore those with no power to actually do anything about it.

Just a few minutes ago (at the Psych Ward, obviously) there were two separate players using grenade launchers who didn't respond (whether they read it or not, or can read it, I don't know, and that really isn't the point. "Ignorance isn't an excuse, as you stated".....

There is absolutely no admin in the server at this time (or wasn't a few minutes ago)...
How do we go about getting in contact with admin that can "warn" and kick these delinquents (lol)?

Obviously, I'm new here....but how would one go about possibly becoming admin? Probably a bit soon to ask that, but hey, why not.
I spec a lot of games when I'm just sitting around or am not playing well and I enjoy this particular server, in large part because of said rules...so, I'll just go ahead and ask. :)

Seems very cumbersome to have to go find admin when there are none available within the game. Obviously, I understand that many would abuse such "power", but again, I'm simply asking.

Thanks in advance...
Jakal31

Post Posted: January 29th, 2016, 2:12 pm 
Clan Member
Clan Member

First, you need to be a member to be considered admin-material, and you need to show that you are a mature member that can follow and enforce the rules while also being a nice person with a good temper.

Second, it is a requirement for members to have Steam, so that is where you are most likely to be able to find our admins. I believe there has been talk about making a thread with Steam-names, but I'm not sure it's finished yet. As of now, I guess all you can do is ask particular admins if you can have their Steam name so that you can contact them when it's necessary.

Post Posted: January 29th, 2016, 4:27 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Our list of Steam IDs can be found . I strongly encourage all members to grow your Steam network as it is our primary "standard" communications tool and we have admins spread out across multiple continents. Our website/forums are another option and so is (I don't check Facebook all that often).

I have tinkered a bit with a B3 add-in that will help control tubes/martyrdom (it will auto-kick offenders after a couple of deaths are caused). Unfortunately it's not working at this point but it's on the list.

Post Posted: January 30th, 2016, 8:51 am 
Clan Member
Clan Member

Thanks for that link, Vag. That'll be very handy when I'm in need of some admin in the future. I look forward to bugging them so they can come bail us out when the non-readers show up....lol

In regards to the tinkering with the b3...I seen a little of that discussion the other day and hope you guys get that worked out. Would be great if g/l and martyr could just be disabled, rather than constantly having to police it like has to be done currently. Good luck on getting it working.

Post Posted: January 30th, 2016, 8:55 am 
Clan Member
Clan Member

@[s*8].Munckey

Well, I am a member munckey. Only a few weeks old :D

I also have a steam account and I would imagine you guys already have that address, if not, it's Jakal1131.

And, I figured I would ask since it couldn't hurt and I was curious. Like I said, I do a lot of specing, so I figured hey why not.

Thanks for the reply. And, for the record, in the future or if/when you guys consider some new admin, just know that I am interested..

Take care.

Post Posted: January 31st, 2016, 5:31 am 
Clan Member
Clan Member

Oh, apologies, I don't play very regularly anymore, so I'm not completely updated about our new members ;)

Post Posted: January 31st, 2016, 5:41 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Auto-kick functionality is now up and running. Three offenses (kills) should equate to a brief temp ban. Please still engage any offending players to let them know what they're doing wrong, the bot lacks that "human" element.

Post Posted: January 31st, 2016, 10:15 am 
Clan Member
Clan Member

Loving the auto kick feature...improves the games 10 fold.

Nice job on that one!

Post Posted: February 4th, 2016, 2:12 pm 
Clan Member
Clan Member

Vag, thought I would make you aware....it appears the autokick feature isn't working again. I know it was the other day, but at this time it is not.
We've been observing someone with the dreaded marty....a few of which led to deaths of others. (No admin present at this time).....

....so, just so you are aware.

Post Posted: February 5th, 2016, 2:28 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks. Looked fine this evening.

Board index » General Topics » Feedback and Comments