[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Section 8 Clan Forums • View topic - Quick question regarding user name
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Topics » Feedback and Comments

Post Posted: January 30th, 2016, 8:48 am 
Clan Member
Clan Member

Quick question...
How do I edit my user name here so I can add my tags? Or is that possible? Been going through the "edit profile" stuff this morning after realizing that I hadn't done this yet and after realizing some haven't noticed I'm a member yet (not surprising since I'm new and all) and I would like to change it, just can't seem to find an option for that.

Thanks in advance

Post Posted: January 30th, 2016, 12:23 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I can fix it, but we need to coordinate the effort a bit and your Steam ID won't come up for me. Please add me: vagisil22

Thanks.

Post Posted: January 31st, 2016, 10:19 am 
Clan Member
Clan Member

So, I headed over to Steam this morning and attempted to add you and apparently I cannot add others because I haven't purchased anything from Steam. :?

Is this the only way to get my Steam account up and running where I can add others? By purchasing from them?

I get a message telling me that I can add others via their invites but cannot invite them myself...what the?...lol
And then, even after I add them, it appears I cannot message back and forth there...until I buy something.
Maybe I'm reading it wrong, so if there is another way please let me know.

Also, is it important to "install" Steam, or just to create the account? I have the account but have not installed Steam.

Thanks in advance...
Jakal

Post Posted: January 31st, 2016, 6:32 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I am not an informed Steam user and can't offer support, but you may want to check their site for any FAQs. I do own a couple of titles, of which at least one of which was free to play. That might work as a "purchase". In any event it would be ideal for you to figure this out ASAP; we did not check your Steam account in voting you in but members are required to have this for communications.

We can address your username via a quick exchange on TeamSpeak as well. You don't need to buy anything and you don't need a mic. The application can be downloaded and login instructions for our server are .

Post Posted: January 31st, 2016, 7:16 pm 
Clan Member
Clan Member

Going to work on this right now.
I am looking into the Steam thing, and like I said, I can add others that send me invites, apparently, but not send the actual invites myself (at this time)....
It says something about having to spend $5 or something, but again, looking into that after typing this comment up and will update you in the very near future.

First thing will be the teamspeak thing. I was told about it the other night and just hadn't got around to it yet, so that'll be the first thing I work on as soon as I finish up here.

Thanks again....

Post Posted: January 31st, 2016, 7:23 pm 
Clan Member
Clan Member

Do I need to install the "Overwolf" over lay thing?

ETA: This is what I am getting from Steam right now...

https://support.steampowered.com/kb_art ... -IAGK-7663

Post Posted: January 31st, 2016, 8:01 pm 
Clan Member
Clan Member

Ok....teamspeak is up and running.

Still working on the Steam thing...though, like I said, I do have an account there. I just installed Steam tonight, so maybe you can add me now. It still claims I cannot add others, but I can apparently receive invites and message. Maybe try that again? Jakal1131. Maybe actually "installing" Steam helped vet the profile in some way (hopefully)...if not, I'll just have to work on it further and if all else fails, just break down and buy something from them....lol

Post Posted: February 1st, 2016, 8:59 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Thanks, the client install looks to have worked and an invite awaits.

Post Posted: February 1st, 2016, 9:24 am 
Clan Member
Clan Member

Invite accepted.

Thank you for your time and patience with this issue, vag.

Board index » General Topics » Feedback and Comments