[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Section 8 Clan Forums • View topic - HSL-Relics ban and why it is un-needed
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Topics » Ban Appeals

Forum rules

Please copy and paste the following information into your reply if you wish to appeal a ban from our servers:

In-game name:
Approximate time/date of ban (include time zone):
Admin that banned you:
Reason you were banned:
Details of your appeal:

Please provide mature responses in your appeal. Failure to provide information in the format requested could result in your appeal being denied. Thank you.

Post Posted: April 26th, 2017, 9:04 pm 

Hello,I am the Infamous HSL-Relic.I have been banned and i would like to know why and get this resolved because i believe that i was unfairly banned.I had been playing for a while and i was playing with HSL-Libra,We were both Marines and as S'8 is a big clan you might not mind being on opposite teams but as a smaller clan we like to play on the same team,as it keeps it fair so we don't screen peek on one another,As i was saying,we were both Marines and it was trying to auto switch me,but instead of it switching someone who didn't care about being on the other team,I was forced to switch back multiple times.And I understand that you should go along with the auto switch,as i have been taught by Ruddy,But This new guy Sterban or Sturbad or proceeded to read a long,long paragraph of one short rule.He then tried to switch me manually but i switched back and he then kicked me again.When i came back he started insulting me,calling me "a child" and "childish" which i take offence to as i am a regular player and am just there to have a good time.Then Harv Said "Ok Sturb,its over.Thanks for your help." And i thought whatever right?Wrong. He Put all the rules into chat and that bothered me so i asked "Why Rules?" and he went on this big sch-peel on how "I like to know the rules on a new server that i join",Which sounded pretty fishy because he had the ability to switch me and kick me,I said "I thought Harv said this was over?", He said Something long and i really dont remeber it because im a little tired.But I Remember i said Quote for Quote "k whateve" And then he kicked and banned me for saying that.I mean come on.That doesn't deserve a ban...
Yours Truly
-Relic

Post Posted: April 26th, 2017, 9:44 pm 
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

As we have had issues with this in the past - I'll throw my two cents in. I'm sure the Admin who temp banned you will also be here to say his side of the story.

I'll give you a breakdown on how Auto balance works to correctly understand it. I don't believe you understand how it works, and if you do - forgive my ignorance of your knowledge.

When a team becomes unbalanced it needs to auto balance someone from the opposing team over. How it chooses who to balance isn't random - it chooses the last person who joined the server. So, if you were the last person to join the server, it will always pick you to auto balance. So, by constantly switching back and making the teams unbalanced, it will keep picking you (until someone new comes on the server) to go over to the other team. In which, if you keep switching back over - it will continuously cause the teams to be uneven, ending in an over all unbalanced match.

We don't mind if at the start of the game, you go onto your friends team. Though, if in the middle of the game we see you constantly keeping the teams unbalanced - that waves a red flag for us and we have to intervene so others on the server aren't getting mad at the constant team switching/unbalanced teams.

I know it may come off as us being power hungry but that really isn't the case. What we are doing is keeping the peace overall on our server. If we didn't do our jobs, then the server would be unruly, and wouldn't be as much fun for others as it is now. People come to our server with expectations of the rules we have in place.

Lastly, the person who temp banned you was indeed an admin - in disguise. In which, I know you may not have known that but not arguing with our admins is another rule we have set in place. If you are unsure of who you are dealing with, before it escalates on the server, I suggest bringing it here so it doesn't get out of hand.

Thanks for taking the time to A. come here and B. to read this.

:)

Last edited by Ruddy on April 26th, 2017, 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: April 26th, 2017, 9:48 pm 
Clan Member
Clan Member

I agree if we did not have an auto balance, the teams would never be even and players would not enjoy our server as much. As Ruddy has said it does pick the last person who joins, I myself have been bounced back and forth until someone has joined then it left me on a team.

Post Posted: April 26th, 2017, 10:58 pm 
Clan Member
Clan Member

''I have been banned and i would like to know why and get this resolved because i believe that i was unfairly banned.''

You were temporarily banned. Not banned. Temporarily banned. It tells you on the screen...

''I had been playing for a while and i was playing with HSL-Libra,We were both Marines and as S'8 is a big clan you might not mind being on opposite teams but as a smaller clan we like to play on the same team''

Choose auto-assign next time, or let the auto-balance do it's work and not switch back. The rules were displayed to you, and all of the other players on the server (multiple times.) He (Libra) was also removed once, for disobeying the rules with knowledge of them. Follow them and everything will be okay.

''But This new guy Sterban or Sturbad or proceeded to read a long,long paragraph of one short rule.He then tried to switch me manually but i switched back and he then kicked me again.''

<S t e r b e n> is the correct wording. If you could not keep up, then I do not know what to say. It is all on you. Perhaps, stop worrying about your kill to death ratio and worry about what goes on around you (ie, chat.)

Why did I come on I bet you are asking yourself?

Well, I came online to ensure there is still rule enforcement even though there are no admins present (or so one thinks.)

You've showed your true colors when there were no s*8 members and/or administrators present.

''He then tried to switch me manually but i switched back and he then kicked me again.''

There is no such thing as manually switching players in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare no matter which admin tool you use, sorry to tell you. You switched back after autoswitch after I had displayed the rules which you clearly ignored...

''When i came back he started insulting me,calling me "a child" and "childish" which i take offence to as i am a regular player and am just there to have a good time.''

You asked for what you asked for, if you cannot handle what you dish out to me then I do not know what to say. It is indeed a fact that you came back and childishly argued why you were removed from the server. As a ''regular player'' you know the rules, so follow them.

''Then Harv Said "Ok Sturb,its over.Thanks for your help." And i thought whatever right?Wrong. He Put all the rules into chat and that bothered me so i asked "Why Rules?" and he went on this big sch-peel on how "I like to know the rules on a new server that i join",Which sounded pretty fishy because he had the ability to switch me and kick me,I said "I thought Harv said this was over?"''

The rules were not displayed for you...and you responded as if I was attacking you. Wrong. Time-out was in fact needed at this point as you kept on spewing the same stuff over and over... and again as I said, there is no ''ability to switch'' players on COD4: MW.

''i really dont remeber it because im a little tired''

I am tired too...I supervise people at work (over 10 people to watch over), at my last job (over 20)...I do it here when I get home straight away. Tired is not the word you are looking for I believe... I got home 16 hours ago from this posting. ( my night off tonight, woohoo )

''But I Remember i said Quote for Quote "k whateve" And then he kicked and banned me for saying that.I mean come on.That doesn't deserve a ban...
Yours Truly
-Relic''

The fact you are being kicked is because you are breaking rules...think about it for a second... You were Temporarily Banned, no ban. You were excessively breaking them which you are argueing the fact that you were removed for two things.

team switching constantly (harv mentioned it as well to me over team chat during one of our matches) 6 8

6 - Please allow auto-balance to work properly and do not intentionally stack teams
Self explanatory...
8 - Absolutely no argueing with admins (listen, learn and obey...or please leave)
the fact that you act the way you did when you think no one is watching...i do not know...shaking my head at this point

I have screenshots of the situation plus trying to 2 v 1 me in the conversation does not bode well with me or any well else. That is what I like to call: BULLYING. And...you bullied the wrong person. So...you will be placed on watch and everything is okay as long as you follow the rules, and to make things clear as you have already cause some issues here, there will be no next time at this point...

Discord: Anpan#0130
Steam:
Youtube:
Twitch TV:

Post Posted: April 27th, 2017, 5:38 am 
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Great job Anpan, very well said.

Post Posted: April 27th, 2017, 6:02 am 
Clan Member
Clan Member

We all have someone we want to play with - but if we can't play together due to some external factors, then that is just too bad. We do not persistently break the rules by constantly switching back after being auto-balanced, and we most certainly do not start trying to convince an admin that they are wrong in enforcing the rules; LISTEN and LEARN, or please LEAVE, as Anpan stated, or you will be handled appropriately (kick/ban).

Post Posted: April 27th, 2017, 11:07 am 
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Thank you, Relic, for coming to the site to take care of this rather than creating drama on the server, much appreciated. Also, thank you Anpan for answering so bluntly and clearly.

To set the level straight for ALL players: The rules still apply to you, even when no admins or members are on the server. This is very important because many admins see it as an even worse breach in rules if you're doing it when we're not on the site, just due to the fact that we are not on.

Secondly, and just as importantly, DON'T ARGUE WITH ADMINS. We have final say, no matter what. I promise we know what we're doing, and we will uphold the rules, even if you disagree with us doing so.

Thank you.

Post Posted: April 27th, 2017, 2:00 pm 
Selector Admin
Selector Admin

Hi. Anpan, grand job!
Bzzzzz

Post Posted: April 27th, 2017, 4:39 pm 

K Whateve

Post Posted: April 27th, 2017, 5:01 pm 
Clan Member
Clan Member

Relic, I hope you can understand what we are telling you, and that if you wish to play on our server, you'll have to stick to our rules categorically, even when you want to play with your friends. That you have to follow our rules is not up for discussion here or on the server; it is an essential fact, and it is up to our admins to decide in the moment whether you are following our rules or not.

You are very welcome to present your arguments for why you should still be allowed on our server, but simply saying "K Whateve[r]" does not help your case - it only gives us the impression that you are not mature enough to handle it when things don't go the way you want them to go; it only shows that you are, indeed, childish.

Board index » General Topics » Ban Appeals