[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Section 8 Clan Forums • View topic - Permed banned.
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Topics » Ban Appeals

Forum rules

Please copy and paste the following information into your reply if you wish to appeal a ban from our servers:

In-game name:
Approximate time/date of ban (include time zone):
Admin that banned you:
Reason you were banned:
Details of your appeal:

Please provide mature responses in your appeal. Failure to provide information in the format requested could result in your appeal being denied. Thank you.

Post subject: Permed banned.
 Post Posted: July 1st, 2018, 8:05 am 

In-game name: Tally

Approximate time/date of ban (include time zone): 10:30PM EST
Admin that banned you: Unsure - believe Anpan

Reason you were banned: Being rude in chat

Details of your appeal: I was being rude and mouthy in chat. I acknowledge I was being an ass, taking away from the game being played and spoiling it for everyone else. Definitely deserved a temporary ban to let me know I was being unacceptable. I do feel a perm ban is... harsh. I don't believe I received any warning - a quick message that I was being out of order would have entirely shut me up. Anyway, that isn't really the point, I know it is a pain moderating a server and I was the source of that pain.

I enjoy playing on the server, only just bought the game on PC and thus would love a second chance. Sorry for being a capital D Anpan (and anyone else).

Cheers

Post subject: Re: Permed banned.
 Post Posted: July 1st, 2018, 9:32 am 
Clan Member
Clan Member

[s*8].Ruddy!k tally rule1
Grenade launcher use when you first started. The issue was resolved after several warnings and of course the initial kick.

Tallydamnit it farsi you're a sneaky fucker
This was an automatic temporary ban done by our BOT system.

Tallyfake and
I wonder where that was leading to...

At this point I do not think you learned anything during your time here so far. Your interest in playing here seems shallow. Not once had you even bothered to ask or look at the full set of rules for the server you enjoy playing on. !rules

Here are some yielding moments which lead to your removal. The context is pretty obvious here. You died in your game and you complained in a passive aggressive sort of way.

Tallytommy you've improved your ability to lie down siginificantly!

Tallymmmk vamp

Tallyanpan i do hope you marry a shrew

TallyLET ME SPAWN
TallyYOU ABORTIONIST

Tallyanpan some would consider your abilities
Tallyunnatural
Tallyfilthy sith

There's more but I will keep it at that for your sake.

Anyway, with that said, we do not need people who are toxic in nature towards our player base and most especially our Members and Administration.
You tell me if you are worth having back or not.

Discord: Anpan#0130
Steam:
Youtube:
Twitch TV:

Post Posted: July 1st, 2018, 12:19 pm 

Use of the grenade launcher was literally my first game online (first time I've played the game in years). Had no idea what I was really doing at all and stopped once I realised it wasn't OK.

The swearing - again which I can see you had no tolerance for now, was meant to be light hearted after he pulled some serious sneaky moves. And I haven't sworn since.

As for the rest of it - yup I'm admitting fault for being toxic as you say. The INTENT however wasn't to insult people in a mean spirited or serious way, but banter which I can see now that you don't welcome at all.

And I mean I was a bit surprised at being banned like that by you, you did engage with it in a light hearted way. I thought we were just talking some smack and having fun. If you had immediately said "We don't do that banter here" I would have stopped straight away.

I can accept that you want a different atmosphere. If you want to give me another chance you won't see any further behaviour of that kind.

If it counts for anything - I signed up, made an account and I'm here apologising and asking for a reduction from a permanent ban not saying that a punishment is unwarranted. That says something rather than just moving on and being toxic elsewhere.

Whether I deserve it? Only way I could show I do is by being given another chance.

Last edited by Tally on July 1st, 2018, 2:34 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post Posted: July 1st, 2018, 12:56 pm 
Clan Member
Clan Member

Whether or not you are unbanned is up to Anpan - I just want to point out that, IF you are unbanned, then that is your only chance. You have agreed to this by stating, "If you want to give me another chance you won't see any further behaviour of that kind".

So if any bad behaviour is seen from you, you'll go right back on the ban list. Would you be satisfied with such an agreement?

Post Posted: July 1st, 2018, 1:07 pm 

Yep, completely satisfied.

Post Posted: July 1st, 2018, 1:09 pm 
Clan Member
Clan Member

Ok, there is a discussion going on among our admins - we will get back to you when a decision has been made.

Post Posted: July 1st, 2018, 1:40 pm 
Clan Member
Clan Member

I was telling you the truth and you were talking trash about it. Like I tell everyone else. This is not the xbox. We are more civilised here than those folks.

I am doing my job here much more than I should on this day because of some unforeseen circumstances with our bot. Non-stop right after a 9 hour shift of a real Manager position. I am still and always am in ''Manager mode'' and honestly I didn't have the time to debate it any longer in real time on the server over it with all of the rule breaking already taking place every 10-15 minutes and especially with the way you acted.

"but banter which I can see now that you don't welcome at all."
You need to realise that this can come off as you instigating (or calling out, if you will) a shouting match with other player(s) that may not know you are joking. Someone will take it seriously and retaliate which turns into a back and forth. We try to avoid that at all costs. There is no real way of telling with bland text. I let it go off for a bit in a ''light-hearted'' way since it was me and not someone else.

I am leaving this short as I do not want to sit here typing a novel when I'd rather spend my Canada Day playing my games or watching something of interest.

I will lift the ban as of this new posting. I would suggest looking over the rules by going here: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=734
Once the bot comes back online you can view the rules in-game by typing: !rules

Learn them. Abide by them. Don't disappoint me.

-Anpan

Discord: Anpan#0130
Steam:
Youtube:
Twitch TV:

Post Posted: July 1st, 2018, 1:51 pm 

I appreciate this and understand what you've said.

Sorry for causing all the fuss.

Enjoy the rest of Canada day.

Post Posted: July 1st, 2018, 2:00 pm 
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Need Version COD 4 v1.8? Click

Post Posted: July 1st, 2018, 2:05 pm 

I think for the moment I will figure out how to disable my ability to chat as penance for being such a tool.

However, thanks for showing me :P I'll work out some light hearted ones for the future.

Board index » General Topics » Ban Appeals