[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Section 8 Clan Forums • View topic - ban appeal
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Topics » Ban Appeals

Forum rules

Please copy and paste the following information into your reply if you wish to appeal a ban from our servers:

In-game name:
Approximate time/date of ban (include time zone):
Admin that banned you:
Reason you were banned:
Details of your appeal:

Please provide mature responses in your appeal. Failure to provide information in the format requested could result in your appeal being denied. Thank you.

Post subject: ban appeal
 Post Posted: July 18th, 2018, 12:26 pm 

Forum rules

Please copy and paste the following information into your reply if you wish to appeal a ban from our servers:

In-game name:
Approximate time/date of ban (include time zone):
Admin that banned you:
Reason you were banned:
Details of your appeal:

Please provide mature responses in your appeal. Failure to provide information in the format requested could result in your appeal being denied. Thank you.

I do not know why i was banned. sorry.

Post subject: Re: ban appeal
 Post Posted: July 18th, 2018, 1:27 pm 
Clan Member
Clan Member

Hi, you have been banned for excessive whining/moaning, for which you have been kicked and temp banned a number of times previously.
Apparently you have not gotten the message by being kicked and banned before, but continued with your behaviour up until your most recent ban.

The admin who banned you has informed us that they did notify you on the server before banning you, so you have only yourself to blame for not being aware of the reason.

We may consider unbanning you, if you can promise to improve your behaviour - in that case, we will discuss it among our admins and get back to you in due time.
If this sound like something you'd want, please reply here with an argument as to why we can count on you bettering yourself, and therefore should unban you.

Kind regards,
[s*8].Munckey

Post Posted: July 18th, 2018, 2:49 pm 

sorry, i promise to stop whining/moaning. what was i whining about? i mentioned there was lag about two maps before i got banned. Yeah i promise not to whine, but you'll have to tell me what i said to get banned so i can specifically know in the future. cuz i see many other people mentioning the lag every now and then, and i don't know whether to let them know or not to stop or the same will happen to them. the chit chat goes on, so i just don't tell them anything, but it would be good to know what we're allowed to say and what we're not. i mean, i don't think it's whining when some one else notices there's lag, but i'll stop saying it if thats what you specifically want me to stop saying and i'll advise others as well from now on.
i'm a little confused, i was temp banned for asking an admin something, and once i think ruddy also temp banned me but didnt say for what, was it for whining/moaning specifically, or for spamming or for saying lag? it would be good to know so i can promise to not do, but i don't think i was spamming. and sorry for the trouble.

Post Posted: July 18th, 2018, 3:05 pm 
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

I can confirm Ruddy temporarily banned you for complaining about lag about every thirty seconds (or less) for 2 maps straight. you have been consistently warned/kicked/temporarily banned by multiple admins, myself included, with no response. We are now discussing the situation and will get back to you.

To make it VERY clear, because we will not be as kind in the future, if there is lag, EVERYBODY ALREADY KNOWS. We don't need a reminder every few seconds. It is a distraction to the game and considered complaining and spamming. that includes spamming the letter 'L'. More importantly, you MUST pay attention to the chat in-game to be able to communicate with admins. It is completely unacceptable for you to be able to type but not respond.

We will get back to you. Thank you

Post Posted: July 18th, 2018, 3:14 pm 

and yeah sorry i didnt see the notice. i'll pay attention more in the future, i was concentrated on killing cuz i was in 1st place at the moment. did not see notice, so i did not know. but thank you for letting me know.

Post Posted: July 18th, 2018, 4:32 pm 
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Firstly, I'm the Admin that temporary banned(TB) you for 1 week. I'm going to say that I'm one of the more patient admins in this clan, and you're lucky to be getting 1 week at this point, not more. Since your first visit to our server, we admins have told you consistently to stop with the complaining about the lag, and instead you thought you'd be 'clever' and start saying 'L' every time you died and perhaps had a lag spike. We don't need to know how often you lag, or care to because it just becomes annoying and repetitive.

I want to make it clear that you aren't just TB'd because you decided to say you were lagging. We don't mind if someone randomly say they are lagging (once or twice). You were TB'd because you didn't listen to admins after they told you to stop the consistent complaining about your lagging.

I've decided that the remainder of your week is going to stay in effect, and you can join us again at the end of it. I want you to be highly aware that once you come back, and if you fall into the same pattern with the complaining again, you will be uninvited back to our server permanently without ability to appeal. I'll take it as a good sign though that you've come to us now and shown interest to want to continue to play on our server. Don't let us down.

[s*8].Ruddy

Post Posted: July 18th, 2018, 6:01 pm 

ok, sorry ruddy, i didn't see your notice because I was in number 1 and my team was winning and i hadn't died yet, i didn't want my team to lose again. we were doing good and i wasn't reading or paying attention. i will from now on and will attempt to keep chatting to a minimum and not complain about the lag at all. i guess i'll see you all in a week.

thanks for everything, with your time and the communication you guys have.

on a side note, if you don't answer to this i'll assume the answer is no, but is there anywhere on the forums where we can vent about these kinds of topics, so as to help me stop my bad habits and impulses so maybe i can stop playing and write about it somewhere else instead of typing L or anything on the actual gameplay server. if not its ok, i'm sure there's someway to disable my own chat even if i have to take the t key out.

p.s. i didn't think i was clever, i knew anyone who played with me before would know there was lag happening, or new people would assume it was a sad face.... :l :L but i won't do it again. Promise. and thank you again. look forward to playing with y'all soon.

Post Posted: July 18th, 2018, 7:50 pm 
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

No, there is not really a place on the forums for that. Ranting and raving and complaining about a problem no one else has the ability to fix will not change anything. We do have a general gameplay section of the forums to read up on tips and post ideas and such.

As for disabling your chat, you could technically do that but I will not tell you how. The game is about comeraderie and sportsmanship and making friends. You don’t do that by complaining of lag, and you sure as hell can’t do it by being silent forever.

What I will suggest is an alternate key to press when you want to rant and rave in game about lag or anything else.

Type up whatever you want to say. Then hit ESCAPE instead of enter. There is a reason humans are not telepathic. We do not need to communicate every thought we have with others. You might think it, you may desperately want to say it. But that does not mean others need or want to hear it. So if you’re ever not sure, hit escape to cancel your message.

Need Version COD 4 v1.8? Click

Post Posted: July 19th, 2018, 4:19 am 
Clan Member
Clan Member

Thank you for being so cool about it, migs. I'm sure things will be just fine in the future.

As for letting out your frustrations, we really prefer - as Nilrem says - that it is not done at all on our server or our forums, unless it is something significant such as cheaters or whatever.

It is also good for your personality in general if you learn to deal with your frustrations by saying ''ok, this sucks, but there's nothing I can do about it'', rather than succumbing to the negative feelings.

Post Posted: July 20th, 2018, 6:11 pm 

thanks munkey, thats actually how i spelled munky for many years. i call all my friends that. thanks for being cool guys. i understand it can be frustrating playing with a troll like me, i'm am kind of a bitch when it comes to youtube comments.... but this being the only server with 1.8 i'm willing to make an exception. damn steam. although there are many intolerable kids out there, i urge you guys not to ban people so much for reasons that are not hacking and cheating... as it reduces the number of... well playable players. i understand you guys have made rules based on past experiences. it frustrates me to see people ask, "but WHY this rule???" when i hear the same complaint about society and laws. there is almost a big list of complaints and reasons for why any rule exists, but i feel where you ARE able to articulate, you should not ban, even though it gets tiring. people look to admins for help and comprehension, this game is as old as time, and i've had my share of admins who allow their hacker friends to run rampant, which is why the best map server got hacked and shut down. it's a shame, i don't think you guys are doing that, but it is an area all admins should focus on not accidentally imitating.
i will do something about my chat, i have a bad habit and dont want to annoy, but it would be great to see more players to have more fun, but also less hacks.
i appreciate the lesson i could learn, although i don't feel like using this game to MATURE and learn a life lesson, i will take your advice and accept certain things. i hope this server keeps on running and you guys turn into an admirable clan. there's not many out there like that.
kudos. peace. thanks again munkey, nilrem, nobodycan and ruh-dy XD. and sorry again... btw... when does my week ban end? i forgot which day and keep trying. i think it may be 4 days away.

Board index » General Topics » Ban Appeals