[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Section 8 Clan Forums • View topic - Edaz
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Topics » Ban Appeals

Forum rules

Please copy and paste the following information into your reply if you wish to appeal a ban from our servers:

In-game name:
Approximate time/date of ban (include time zone):
Admin that banned you:
Reason you were banned:
Details of your appeal:

Please provide mature responses in your appeal. Failure to provide information in the format requested could result in your appeal being denied. Thank you.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Edaz
 Post Posted: September 6th, 2019, 4:39 pm 

In-game name: Edaz
Approximate time/date of ban (include time zone): 3:34 9/6/19, Mnt time
Admin that banned you: Viper (?) Unsure
Reason you were banned: It would appear that the admins thought I was wallhacking
Details of your appeal:
I have video recordings of 37 games played on your server, many of which I was accused of hacking on. The videos (while low quality) show that I do not use wallhacks or augments of any kind and am just quite good at this game. In addition, I have proof from other games that are - I believe - hack free such as Overwatch in which I have been in the T500 every season that I've played, and sit around #200 in North America in general. I say this as further proof that I am actually just good at video games. The recordings were created using OBS and the quality is low as my computer is not the best, I could probably find a way to kick up the quality if it becomes too much of an issue but I believe the important part of it is being able to see a distinct lack of wallhacks. If there is a different recording software that you prefer please do let me know. I would also like to note that I reached out multiple times to multiple admins asking them if they were free to go onto discord to discuss the accusations against me before it came to this, and made clear that I had proof for myself which was information that seemed to be ignored.

All the best,
Edaz

EDIT: I forgot to make clear, I do have the video of the game in which it was decided that I was wallhacking by admin and was banned, in which you can watch me play of my own accord, sans walls.
EDIT2: My apologies, in my haste to post this I also forgot to include the relevant lookup information for my claims in Overwatch; The player ID that I remember is Zade#1219, although there was a secondary one that I can search for that had other seasons in T500 that this one did not. I did not want to upload the videos here, if it is okay for me to do so then I will but they are relatively large files. If not here, where would be an acceptable place for me to put them?

Post subject: Re: Edaz
 Post Posted: September 6th, 2019, 10:52 pm 
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Thank you for your appeal, we are currently reviewing the files presented to us so far. If it is possible for you to upload your videos to YouTube and post the links here that would be the most convenient for all interested parties to be able to see them.

Admins the appeal discussion is here:
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=6120

Need Version COD 4 v1.8? Click

Post Posted: September 6th, 2019, 10:59 pm 

Sure I can post them onto youtube. Are there any specific ones? I haven't uploaded to youtube before but am sure that it would take a while to upload all 37. Would the most recent one which I was banned for work for now(from today, on Crash), with others upon request?

Post Posted: September 6th, 2019, 11:06 pm 
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

It's not necessary to do all 37. Assuming they show the full round at 15 minutes long, that would take about 9 hours to watch them all. The most recent one from today for sure. If there are any that stand out to you for whatever reason (more people than usual calling hacks, for example) or your favorite three recordings, I think that will suffice.

Post Posted: September 6th, 2019, 11:27 pm 

Okay. There are plenty of games of people calling hacks but I don't think thats the issue at hand here so I chose a second video from today that had a decent chunk of admins in spectator and I assume played a role in my ban, as well as one from a few days ago to show that this wasn't just a lucky set of games I had today.

Crash game after which I was banned: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqSlGGb ... e=youtu.be

Backlot game from earlier today before the ban (9/6): https://youtu.be/2-yAKqyPRYM

Strike game on the 4th: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zhi6RhD ... e=youtu.be

Last edited by edaz on September 6th, 2019, 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: September 6th, 2019, 11:28 pm 

As an aside I realize the quality is much worse when I'm moving, something I hadn't noted before I looked through these today (I usually just make sure that it got saved properly by opening the first few seconds) so if anyone has a suggestion for a recording software that is less intensive that I could record a more clear game for you all to see with, I would be appreciative and better able to show my gameplay.

Post Posted: September 6th, 2019, 11:46 pm 
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Thank you VERY much for these. The problem with spectating is we have no idea when you do and do not have UAV. These videos solve that problem.

As for the number of times people try to call hacks, that's not a criteria that we go on for banning but more claims generally means more stuff that looks suspicious. So if you have a video where there's like fifty accusations of you hacking and we're able to see it from your perspective, then it goes a bit further than a video with only one accusation. The accusations of cheating, as much as we hate them, actually act as an in video flag that someone thinks something suspicious has gone on and helps mark spots for closer review. Like at 07:55 in the Crash video, you killed Hanes. From your perspective everything looked normal. Nothing about that stands out at all to me. Then he accused you of having Wall Hacks. Ok, now I want to go back and look to see again. In that particular instance we find that he is clearly visible, even I would have shot him there and I'm the worst at seeing people in this game.

Again, thank you for the videos. We'll be reviewing them. It will be tomorrow before a decision is made, however, as most of our admins are asleep right now.

Post Posted: September 6th, 2019, 11:49 pm 

Okay, I understand. If there are days during which you have a lot of accusations against me recorded I can dig up the associated file and upload it relatively easily but unless it is critical I am not too inclined to watch through every video and try to count the number of accusations thrown each game to find the most egregious examples. Looking forward to hearing back, please let me know if there is more that I can do.

I would also like to say I have some nice headphones, so turn that volume up and listen to how no one on the server uses ninja, no UAV required ;p
Have a good night.

Post Posted: September 7th, 2019, 12:47 pm 
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

We have reviewed all videos available and have concluded the ban is not warranted. We apologize for any inconvenience and look forward to seeing you in the server. The Bot is currently down so we have to manually remove the ban list entry, that might take a while.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 

Board index » General Topics » Ban Appeals