Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Topics » Topic of the Week

Post subject: Second week of December
 Post Posted: December 12th, 2016, 2:14 am 
Selector Admin
Selector Admin

Hey everybody!!! Welcome to new members, i hope u have an great start! Sorry for not giving u an topic of the week last week, but whore busy. Christmas time u probably know...

But it's afterall Christmas and we should find out whats good and whats bad so i will give u three categories where u will give ur favourite and ur hate it thing. A little "why" would be appreciated but is not demanded. The three categories is...

--COOKIES-- --CHRISTMAS SONG--
--CHRISTMAS MOVIE--

Three excellent categories. It doesn't need to be an long answer just let it be short, if u don't have time.

The s*8 stress guide will come out in this week in your PM Inbox so keep an eye open!!!

Also check ur inbox for PM about chronicles of section8!

Have an merry Christmas and an happy new year!!!

Today I choose life. Every morning when I wake up I can choose joy, happiness, negativity, pain... To feel the freedom that comes from being able to continue to make mistakes and choices - today I choose to feel life not to deny my humanity but embrace it

Post Posted: December 12th, 2016, 8:21 am 
Clan Member
Clan Member

Here in Brazil we don't eat cookies in the christmas :v at least not that I remember, but we eat Panone and Chocotone, The chocotone is pretty good and I hate the panetone :s Christmas songs are always the same ( Jingle Bells ) and my favorite christmas movie is Krampus (The last one), I know that it is not the greastest movie about christmas but its the last I saw and the only one that I can remeber right now. :P

Happy Christmas everyone! :)

Post Posted: December 12th, 2016, 10:18 pm 
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

I'm going to sound like the grinch but I'm not a traditional Christmas kind of girl.

Cookies are the only thing that I am probably traditional when it comes to Christmas. Ginger Cookies are my <3.

I honestly don't like traditional Christmas music. It either has to be modernized or remixed for me to listen to it.

Movies - not so traditional either. I watch Adam Sandlers Eight Crazy Nights every year. That's about it.

Post Posted: December 13th, 2016, 7:16 am 
Clan Member
Clan Member

Like Ruddy, I don't really do much in the Christmas traditions...I only really feel like it's Christmas when it's Christmas eve (which is the 24th in Denmark). I like to eat cookies too, we make some special ones here from flour, sugar, syrup, butter, almonds, cinnamon, cardamom, cloves,and potash, and some other ones whose main ingredient is vanilla.
We also eat Ris a la mande, which is not a French thing despite its name. It's a rice pudding with whipped cream, vanilla, sugar and almonds which we serve with a strawberry or cherry sauce. This dish, on Christmas eve, is also the foundation for a sort of competition - there will be one whole almond put into the ris a la mande, and the person who finds it gets a reward gift.

I usually watch the Disney Christmas show on Christmas day, and sometimes I watch a few movies, like those with Jim Carey, Home Alone, etc.

Post Posted: December 13th, 2016, 6:33 pm 
Clan Member
Clan Member

every year i watch "A Christmas Carol" with George C. Scott and "The Ref" with Dennis Leary. I love christmas cookies the whole 9 yards. I just hate going to a million different houses for get togethers so i think kim and i are staying home for christmas eve this year, just the two of us......for once. lol

Post Posted: December 18th, 2016, 3:59 am 
Clan Member
Clan Member

Welcome to the new members :D . I like Christmas cookies , movies and get togethers but i hate Christmas decoration beacuse every house has lights everywhere :(.Here in Greece we used to decorate Boots rather than trees and do little decration around the house . I love Christmas cookies and i hope [s*8].Rat doesnt take them this time :/

Post Posted: December 19th, 2016, 1:50 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

We follow many of the typical traditions, including decorating the tree and hanging stockings, many parties and lots of presents, and we attend Christmas Eve service at church followed by a festive yet simple dinner with family.

On a more personal level, I like driving around to see decorated houses (something we did when I was a kid) although I don't hang lights myself. We have a very mischievous Elf on the Shelf. Even though I'm a big Rankin Bass claymation fan, I'd say my favorite holiday movies are probably Christmas Vacation, It's a Wonderful Life, and The Family Man. I stay up very late on Christmas Eve and watch a Star Wars movie and wrap gifts (sometimes two movies if there are many gifts). I like to make my own irish cream liqueur and (sometimes) hand it out. Santa always leaves here a bit more jolly and plump. ;)

Post Posted: December 19th, 2016, 11:10 am 
Selector Admin
Selector Admin

hello all and thx for sharing your christmas secrets. im truly sorry that i have not answered on my own topics :oops:

but as all probably feel right now, its christmas time, and i feel the same. the christmas is something special and i have an little wish that eeryone in this cold world, would fin just an little joy and peace. its not an easy time, to be around, but its an time for forgiving, love and sharing an warm cheering from our hearts.
so rember that even its christmas time and u feel that there isnt time enough at the day, smile any way and think f**k it all. i will take me the time

my favourite cookie is pepper nuts (homemade off course), and my favourite movie.... dont have but home alone is an every year must see :D and as its probably christmas songs, with frog. go seek "frog songs" on youtube.

Today I choose life. Every morning when I wake up I can choose joy, happiness, negativity, pain... To feel the freedom that comes from being able to continue to make mistakes and choices - today I choose to feel life not to deny my humanity but embrace it

Board index » General Topics » Topic of the Week