[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Section 8 Clan Forums • View topic - April 2017: the sounds of old times...
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Topics » Topic of the Week

Post Posted: April 24th, 2017, 11:12 am 
Selector Admin
Selector Admin

Hello, again sorry for th unstabilliy here on Topic Of the Week but have been moving and r soon getting much busier at work (from about 10 hours to 40 hours a week) but will do anything i can for keeping it alive!!!!

Last topic was nicely answered so thx and keep the good work up. When u see the new members pms share this topic with 'em so we get more hungry typers in here:-D

This topic of the week is a bit more directed to the elderly guys and girls in our clan, ad it is about old things so may i present an newly old topic:

THE SOUND OF OLD TIMES...

As time go we experience good things and see some great things go away like elvis Presley, Afternoon tea and other things. Share an thing u miss back from old days, as an long dead puppy or an cake from an closed bakery. Maybe ur car? Or ur first kiss? 2 years old or 22 years old, it's doesn't matter. As long as it's an old memory that still makes u smile.

Cheers
MC

Today I choose life. Every morning when I wake up I can choose joy, happiness, negativity, pain... To feel the freedom that comes from being able to continue to make mistakes and choices - today I choose to feel life not to deny my humanity but embrace it

Post Posted: April 24th, 2017, 11:22 am 
Clan Member
Clan Member

I guess what I miss most is spending time with my grandparents when I was little, having traditions with them regarding what to eat - white bread with butter and brown sugar for breakfast, and pancakes for dinner; bedtime stories, going with my grandmother to work as a private cleaner, going for walks in town, getting gifts... Those were the days.

Post Posted: April 27th, 2017, 11:21 am 
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Having a coffee and a sit down with my Dad who died 7 years ago from cancer. We had a lot of fun together and got a long really well. How he could make me laugh. Good memories

Post Posted: April 27th, 2017, 5:21 pm 
Selector Admin
Selector Admin

I miss not knowing what I know now. Somethings I've seen can't be unseen. Somethings I've had to do can't be undone.

I do miss times when hunting in the blinding snow storm the deer could have us for dinner.
Having nothing for Christmas but good food and family was a great treat, not like today where "I" thingies are expected.

I miss when it was easy to get up in the morning. Love that I can still get up.
I miss my friends who didn't make it this far.

I miss the feel of a feather bed after working in the fields and coming home to pump the water for a washtub bath. Soap was made from pig fat and lye. Made it ourselves.
I miss helping make dinner with my grandmother, where my job was to cut the head off the chicken, pluck and burn the pin feathers for her to fry it. That with fresh honey and rolls. The memory of that makes me smile but homesick.

Board index » General Topics » Topic of the Week