[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Section 8 Clan Forums • View topic - March 2018: Summer Vacation guide
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Topics » Topic of the Week

Post Posted: March 5th, 2018, 3:32 pm 
Selector Admin
Selector Admin

Hello,
All right, we r now offically in spring 2018, and that means soon we will feel the warm breeze of summer. That leads me to this weeks topic:

Summer Vacation Guide

Yes an guide. We all been at least one place at summer holiday or at least i hope so. Write down the place u recommend for visit, maybe an great hotel or restaurant. If u hav'nt been somewhere, just write u dream place and use this as an inspiration guide for u (hopefully) next vacation. Looking forward to find out where i should go this summer :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

-MC

Today I choose life. Every morning when I wake up I can choose joy, happiness, negativity, pain... To feel the freedom that comes from being able to continue to make mistakes and choices - today I choose to feel life not to deny my humanity but embrace it

Post Posted: March 6th, 2018, 11:02 am 
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

I just had a mini-vacation actually. Last Wednesday I got off work and decided I wanted to drive to Florida. Didn't even take a change of clothes, just drove east on Interstate Highway 20 to Atlanta and then took Interstate Highway 75 south from there. Spent two nights at a place called Economy Inn in Lawtey Florida. Not a good motel by any stretch of the imagination, but when you really don't care & don't want to spend a fortune it's perfect.

On my way south from Atlanta I came across a Chik Fil A restaurant. A real restaurant, not the fast food joints. They actually had waiters seat you and bring menus to the table.

I decided to go a different route on the trip back and took Interstate Highway 10, which is one of only three Interstates to go from coast to coast (the others are I-80 and I-90). This brought me through Pensacola into Alabama. Somewhere just passed the Alabama line I stopped at a place called The Derailed Diner. It's themed around a railroad car smashed into a building. Inside there's various seats from different modes of transportation. Some of the tables are actually tailgates from old pick up trucks.

Continuing on I-10 through Mobile, AL I passed the USS Alabama, a WWII Iowa? Class Battleship. I would have loved to stop by but I was on a time limit. I've been there before on several occasions, definitely a good place to visit. It's one of my favorites. If you're looking for somewhere to go in the USA this summer, I recommend the USS Alabama.

Need Version COD 4 v1.8? Click

Post Posted: March 6th, 2018, 11:40 am 
Clan Member
Clan Member

Sounds cool, Nilrem! And the USS Alabama is a South Dakota-class, according to Wikipedia. :)

Post Posted: March 6th, 2018, 8:56 pm 
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Well I'll just put where I'm going this summer with my little (she's 21 but still little) sister and our very good friend. Somehow she's talked me into going to Japan this year and then I ended up talking our friend into going. It's going to be a super fun experience but I'm nerve wracked with the whole trip to get to Japan (I hate flying - yet I've done it often enough).

My ideal vacation is Italy. I love history and Italy is rich with it and I want to be up and close to the modernized version of everything I've learned since I was a kid.

Post Posted: March 6th, 2018, 10:22 pm 
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Need Version COD 4 v1.8? Click

Post Posted: March 6th, 2018, 11:43 pm 
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Japan soooo cool Ruddy, My wife and I are thinking of renting a cottage in the Lake District in England in Sept or Ireland.

Post Posted: March 7th, 2018, 7:30 am 
Clan Member
Clan Member

My absolute favourite vacation destination so far has been the Greek mountain areas - Delfi, Olympia (not to be confused with the mountain of the gods, Olympos), Mycenae, etc. There is just a stunning view in these areas, mountain after mountain, bountiful valleys. And like Ruddy mentions with Italy, these areas are also full of historical ruins - the castle of king Agamemnon in Mycenae; the temple of Apollo in Delfi, where the well-known oracle, high priestess Pythia, resided; and the ancient stadium of the Olympic Games in Olympia.

Post Posted: March 7th, 2018, 11:06 am 
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

I really enjoyed a few places through USA. I have unfortunately not yet had the opportunity to travel abroad, but will some day!

I really enjoyed a little place called the Wall Drug Store in Wall, South Dakota. It's about an hour or two away from Mt. Rushmore(also super cool, btw), and it is the coolest store in the world. Think of your favorite military surplus store, take that, and add about 2 more acres of products on top of your favorite surplus store. Amazing place, and a lot of fun. Even has a restaurant in the middle!

I also really like northeastern Pennsylvania, down in the forests. Great area for exploring, hiking, sightseeing and just relaxing.

Finally I enjoyed my stay in New York City. The sights were nice, and it was an interesting feeling being around that amount of people and not talking to many of them. It's a great place to practice your negotiating skills and get a huge slice of pizza for $1 USD.

As for visiting, I think I'd like to visit Belgium specifically because my family lives there right now. I think Japan would be a fantastic place for food and novelty.

Post Posted: March 23rd, 2018, 2:42 pm 
Selector Admin
Selector Admin

Unfortunately my 2017 summer was spent in the gorgeous weather of Fort Leonard Wood Missouri doing basic and AIT for Army. Not the most fun "vacation" i hope to make it up this year and go to Indianapolis Speedway for a car show either this year or next year. Went to Duluth , Mn and went to the Great Lakes which id very much recommend.

Post Posted: March 26th, 2018, 4:33 pm 
Clan Member
Clan Member

The USS Alabama is ten miles from where I live so I really don't need to travel anywhere for summer. The Gulf Coast is the destination around here.

Pain and suffering are always inevitable for a large intelligence and a deep heart. The really great men must, I think, have great sadness on Earth. -- Fyodor Dostoevsky. (1866) . Crime and Punishment.

Board index » General Topics » Topic of the Week