[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Section 8 Clan Forums • View topic - Second week of September
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Topics » Topic of the Week

Post subject: Second week of September
 Post Posted: September 12th, 2016, 12:37 pm 
Selector Admin
Selector Admin

hello everyone, thx for the great response on THE TOPIC OF THE WEEK and we continue with an brand new topic, all can relate to:
--GRAND S*8 MOVIE AWARD--

surprised??? i know u r! and u to! and u! and u! and me.... :shock: :lol:
set an top 5 or top 10 of movies over worst and best, after thoose categories: Comedy, Romantic, 2016, Science fiction, kids, Western. if u only want to do two or three its fine but the more, the better!!!

Today I choose life. Every morning when I wake up I can choose joy, happiness, negativity, pain... To feel the freedom that comes from being able to continue to make mistakes and choices - today I choose to feel life not to deny my humanity but embrace it

Post Posted: September 12th, 2016, 1:37 pm 
Clan Member
Clan Member

Hmm, that's a tough one...
I guess I'd make it like this:

Comedy: 1. Hot Fuzz, 2. Back to the Future, 3. The Police Academy Franchise, 4. A Clockwork Orange, 5. Rocky Horror Picture Show

Science fiction: 1. The Matrix trilogy, 2. Star Wars (all 6 are great), 3. The Fifth Element, 4. Terminator, 5. District 9

Western: 1. Once Upon a Time in the West, 2. Django Unchained, 3. High Noon, 4. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, 5. Gunfight at the O.K. Corral

Post Posted: September 19th, 2016, 3:49 pm 
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Just an FYI - I think this one has been getting skipped because of how detailed you want it. :p

That's at least why it's taken me so long to reply to this one.

Instead of naming the top of those category's - I'm just going to name some of my favorite movies.

Fried Green Tomatoes
St.Trinians
The Blind Side
The Heat
Anastasia (The Animated Version)
How to Train Your Dragon
Freedom Writers
The Fitfh Element
Forrest Gump
The Help
Upside Down

I'm sure there are more movies I can't think of that I greatly enjoy.

Post Posted: September 19th, 2016, 4:41 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sorry for the slow reply, this is kind of a hard topic to do justice with because it was so broad and lengthy and I didn't want to only partially respond.

Comedy [This is my core genre]
Office Space
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Meet the Parents
Planes, Trains, and Automobiles
There's Something About Mary

Romantic
Sleepless in Seattle
Big
When Harry Met Sally
Ghost
Pretty Woman

2016 [I don't get to see many new movies, that's all I've seen that released this year]
Secret Life of Pets
Zootopia
[A few hoping to see's]
Jason Bourne
Finding Dory
Star Trek: Beyond

Science fiction [My other core genre]
Contact
The Martian
Star Wars (if I were to rank best to worst probably V, III, VII, IV, II, VI, I; this could probably be it's own discussion)
Star Trek (Wrath of Khan is probably my favorite)
Inception

Kids
Up
Pixels
Shrek
Finding Nemo
E.T.

Western [Had to cheat and look at titles on this to remind myself of what I've seen]
Dances With Wolves
Tombstone
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
Blazing Saddles
True Grit

Post Posted: September 19th, 2016, 4:45 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

As an aside, I want to say THANK YOU for taking time to run these topics for the clan! We used to do stuff like this from time to time and I really think this is a great idea.

*If* you're open to suggestions, I echo Ruddy's sentiments - it might help to pare down topics a little bit from something so broad to something that's more easily manageable for a response. My 2¢.

Keep it up, -$MC$-!

Post Posted: September 20th, 2016, 2:30 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Can't sleep, wondering if it'll help me by adding a bunch more, many of which are also favorites and undeserving of being left off. May come back and add back to my previous post...

The Shawshank Redemption
American Sniper
Dead Poets Society
What Dreams May Come
Mrs. Doubtfire
Field of Dreams
The Big Lebowski
The Hangover
The Natural
Major League
The Untouchables
Singles
Kurt Cobain: Montage of Heck
Gone In 60 Seconds
Oceans Eleven
Gravity
Total Recall (1990)
The Running Man
Stand By Me
Pay It Forward
American Beauty
The Usual Suspects
The 40 Year Old Virgin
Sideways
National Treasure
The Family Man
The Matrix (all)
Blade
The Secret Life of Walter Mitty
Superbad
American Pie
The Sixth Sense
The Village
Elf
Cape Fear
Forrest Gump
Apollo 13
Cast Away
Titanic
The Holiday
Lord of the Rings (all)
The Great Outdoors
Who's Harry Crumb?
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
Napoleon Dynamite
Dragnet
Revenge of the Nerds
Vacation
Bruce Almighty
The Truman Show
Me, Myself & Irene
Kingpin

Post Posted: September 22nd, 2016, 11:09 am 
Clan Member
Clan Member

The last movie I watched was Hardcore Henry, and I liked, but unfortunately I don't have a favorite movie since I like to watch every kind of movies :D

Post Posted: September 24th, 2016, 5:34 pm 
Selector Admin
Selector Admin

thx for replies and yes this topic was unusally hard to answer, but i guess i didnt tried my limits yet!

here come my favourite movies, and even do i am the author im not gonna rank them. how could i betray the movies i love to the other movies i love? :o :lol:

COMEDY:
police academy (1-5)
ted (the first was better than the second!)
old dogs
herbie (oldscool comedy totally recommedable!) all of them
my big fat greek wedding

ROMANTIC: here am i a bit unclear but i take thoose i remember
the notebook
danielle steel movies (only missing to see 4 and then i saw them all) also recommandeble
titanic
sleepless in seattle
you got mail
pretty women

ACTION movies:
expandebles 1&2&3
red 1 and 2
die hard all 5
battleship
gladiator

KIDS
up
the croods
ice age all 5
over the hedge
frozen
brave

i will recommend all s*8 member to see this serie![url]
http://www.whats-on-netflix.com/other/w ... o-netflix/[/url]

Today I choose life. Every morning when I wake up I can choose joy, happiness, negativity, pain... To feel the freedom that comes from being able to continue to make mistakes and choices - today I choose to feel life not to deny my humanity but embrace it

Post Posted: September 25th, 2016, 12:46 am 
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Post Posted: September 26th, 2016, 3:06 pm 
Clan Member
Clan Member

hm hard one i will go with denis the menace series ,Gamer and chappie

Board index » General Topics » Topic of the Week