[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Section 8 Clan Forums • View topic - Third week of movember
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Topics » Topic of the Week

Post subject: Third week of movember
 Post Posted: November 17th, 2016, 3:30 am 
Selector Admin
Selector Admin

Hello all, and sorry for the delayed topic of the week. i have been busy and nothaving time at all, but here comes the topic of the week

--MOVEMBER--

Ur favourite sport to see, and ur favourite sport to do ur self. Gaming is allowed as an sport but u still have to mention the other two. if u have an favourite sporty person just put him/ her in to.

As an addition i will set an permanent topic up one of the days, there is called "stories of section 8". An idea from our beloved doctorD where we all should tell the story about before we joined section8 and why we joined and the time afterwards.

Today I choose life. Every morning when I wake up I can choose joy, happiness, negativity, pain... To feel the freedom that comes from being able to continue to make mistakes and choices - today I choose to feel life not to deny my humanity but embrace it

Post Posted: November 17th, 2016, 7:19 am 
Clan Member
Clan Member

I don't care about sports, so I'm going to skip this one.

Post Posted: November 18th, 2016, 12:26 am 
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Sports are alright. When I was younger, I used to play them - not so much now.

Favorite sport to see?
I'm in no way an overly big fan of Hockey, but I will admit it's fun to watch. I've only been to one NHL game though and a couple town games. So again - not really a fan.

Sport to do yourself?
As dorky as this is, I find Badminton great fun when you're just playing it with a friend in a friendly non competitive manor.

Post Posted: November 18th, 2016, 5:23 am 
Clan Member
Clan Member

My favorite sport to see is a tough one, I like watching all sports really but I think my favorite is either hockey or baseball.

As for my favorite sport to do myself I would probably say baseball, I played it all through out my youth and even though it ended in high school with a throwing arm injury I feel as if it would still be my favorite to play.

Post Posted: November 25th, 2016, 5:00 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I grew up enjoying lots of sports, I catch a fair amount in my casual TV viewing and here in Seattle there are several pro sports franchises to follow during the year. After some back and forth I've decided this actually requires subcategories for me to do a proper job responding.

See - on TV: I have to say golf because the pros make the game look so easy.
See - in person: kind of depends on who I am with, but my de-facto standard is relaxing at the ballpark and watching a baseball game.
Do myself - favorite: I haven't done a whole lot of it, but I have had an incredible amount of fun downhill skiing.
Do myself - bucket list: I am not a licensed pilot, but it would be so cool to hop into a race plane and run the Red Bull air course a time or two.
Sporty person - athlete: hands down Ken Griffey, Jr., the "Kid". He's a legendary baseball player who was just inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame this past summer. His prowess at the plate was so awesome that I would put life on hold just to make sure I didn't miss his next at bat.
Sporty person - celebrity: adding this because there is a subtle distinction in my mind. I'd have to say Cassius Clay a.k.a. Muhammad Ali. Arguably the best boxer in history whose legacy spans the globe. RIP.

Post Posted: November 25th, 2016, 5:38 pm 
Selector Admin
Selector Admin

Ken Griffey.png
Ken Griffey.png [ 415.25 KiB | Viewed 1429 times ]

Post Posted: November 25th, 2016, 5:43 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Wow, it's like a party in my mouth and everyone's invited!

Board index » General Topics » Topic of the Week