Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Topics » Topic of the Month

Post subject: NOVEMBER 2016
 Post Posted: November 1st, 2016, 3:59 pm 
Selector Admin
Selector Admin

hello all, hope everybody got the PM, so i will not explain more just put in the topic, go in cover and hope that this will be succesfully. remember its allowed to write more than once!!!

philosophical groundwork (e.g. Immanuel Kant's Critique of pure reason, Thomas Hobbes' Leviathan, etc.)

Today I choose life. Every morning when I wake up I can choose joy, happiness, negativity, pain... To feel the freedom that comes from being able to continue to make mistakes and choices - today I choose to feel life not to deny my humanity but embrace it

Post subject: Re: NOVEMBER 2016
 Post Posted: November 1st, 2016, 4:40 pm 
Clan Member
Clan Member

Remember: tell us your favorite philosophical groundwork and explain why this is your favorite.

Post Posted: November 3rd, 2016, 4:25 pm 
Selector Admin
Selector Admin

this topic is not my strong side but i will take an danish philosof as an exampel here, where i am agree in mostly of his points. he is that oppion that live is full of options and choices, and everytime u take an choice u say no to two or three or hundreds of options u will never dicover. if u choose to walk, an random day instead of taking the car to work u might see omething rare, as squirrels jumping around in the trees, and because u didnt take the car u might have avoided an car crash, or an ice cream truck that have broken down and had firesale. so if u choose a u wont see what b or c or d contains. another thing he said was "its no art to find an girl, to seduce, but it is an art to find an girl worthy to seduce" i find great meaning in this and compare it to other thing in life as well. i often replace the girl with job, friend and... more.

this my philosof and i am ready to debate about it and also hear about ur philosof and thier oppions. Munckey this topic is suqqested by u and im not so sure, but was this what u meant?

Today I choose life. Every morning when I wake up I can choose joy, happiness, negativity, pain... To feel the freedom that comes from being able to continue to make mistakes and choices - today I choose to feel life not to deny my humanity but embrace it

Post Posted: November 4th, 2016, 3:08 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Eye for an eye. 'Nuff said.

Post Posted: November 4th, 2016, 4:35 pm 
Clan Member
Clan Member

You seem to get the hang of it, MC (and the reference is to Søren Kierkegaard by the way, for anyone who might want to explore the world of philosophy).

My own favorite (metaphysical, epistemological sort of) philosophical groundwork is Immanuel Kant's Critique of pure reason. I think his explanation of the way in which we humans perceive things is the absolutely most plausible, and I am convinced that most other philosophers will inevitably end up with an explanation much like Kant's. For example, Ludwig Wittgenstein's explanation in Tractatus Logico-Philosophicus is essentially very much like Kant's.

Post Posted: November 8th, 2016, 3:49 pm 
Selector Admin
Selector Admin

sorry guys and gals, the subject isn't my thing... Im more of into sports and game.. so im out for this one :(

Post Posted: November 8th, 2016, 6:41 pm 
Clan Member
Clan Member

Yeah I'm with painkiller on this one. This topic is above my head, ask Ruddy thinking isn't my thing lol :P

Post Posted: November 14th, 2016, 4:14 pm 
Clan Member
Clan Member

Karma, God, Quantum physics

Post Posted: November 18th, 2016, 12:29 am 
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Heh, Charles. :P :)

Yep, this one is above my head and why I have been avoiding it. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one to not have much, if any, input on it. :)

Post Posted: November 18th, 2016, 1:15 pm 
Selector Admin
Selector Admin

hey, everybody! nice to see that even this topic isnt ur thing u still answer. thx to all for answering specially harv and charles. its nice to see new faces here and i hope for weekly/monthly return!

Board index » General Topics » Topic of the Month