[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Section 8 Clan Forums • View topic - [s*8].Ruddy
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Topics » The Chronicles of Section 8

Post subject: [s*8].Ruddy
 Post Posted: December 9th, 2016, 10:47 pm 
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

I'm assuming you want individual topics per person?

Also, you said you "don't have to write a book", but I'm probably going to be somewhere near that. ;)

Where to start...

Before I played CoD4, I was majorly into playing Call of Duty: United Offensive. For anyone who doesn't know, it was the expansion pack to the first Call of Duty and I was addicted to the game. When Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare was released, I bought it and tried it out...only to find out I really hated the game. Keep in mind I was currently deep into playing CoD:UO, which I strictly only played on 'rifle only' servers. I had been in my small share of clans, including one that I ran with someone else. We did the whole scrimming (clan vs clan) thing, and it was extremely fun! It's something that I wish was still around in CoD4. It's a great team builder, lose or win. Slowly, the game was losing activity to the point where it became less fun to play as much. At this point, Call of Duty: MW2 had come out and I was gifted the game as a Christmas present and I thought that I was going to hate this game. I remember severely disliking the first Modern Warfare but was I ever wrong. Next to CoD:UO, MW2 is my second favorite CoD game. I fell in love with this game and was very cocky when playing it. I was always showing off my scores and how many of certain achievements I had. I'd probably still be playing this game but sadly I only had a limited time to love this game. As we all know, CoD moved to having match making servers. So, now when they come out with a new game, their previous (match making) servers die rapidly. Unlike CoD4, there is 0 connection to players, so it makes it easy to just get up and move on to the next game. When this one died, I decided to give CoD4 another try...and I actually found myself enjoying it. Who'd have thunk, right?

So, when I started playing the game again my mother and her boyfriend left their clan to form their own. You guys may have seen them around on our server, *NaM*Mirror (My mother) and *NaM*Night (her boyfriend). I was on and off playing the game and they asked if I wanted to join their clan. I took time to think about it because I honestly didn't even know if I'd really be playing the game all that much but I honestly wasn't doing anything at the time so I told them "sure, why not"! I don't know if anyone remembers but I used to go by the name *NaM*Chuckles. In fact, Ruddy was a random put together name that just came to be. So, being in *NaM* and being related to the leaders, I was almost instantly promoted to Assistant Leader, which was decent. We had a server that wasn't even close to a good amount of traffic. Obviously with both s*8 and SC having highly populated servers, there really wasn't room for our own server. Often, you would see some of us *NaM* frequent the s*8 server. It was a good time and many friendly people both who were in s*8 and who were not. I'll admit, at some point I wanted to cheat on *NaM* and move over to s*8. My exact words to one of the members at the time was "if *NaM* dies, I might see if I can get into s*8". Only, there were certain members of s*8 who thought I, among other *NaM* members hacked. In fact, I'm pretty sure a few of us had a follow on us because if we changed our name, they would instantly know who we were. Now, keep in mind I didn't change my name to be some kind of troublemaker, I did it to be anonymous (I know I couldn't on a b3 server), and have a good time playing. Constantly, I was having remarks towards me insinuating that I was probably a hacker. I'm not saying this to make anyone in this clan look bad, it's just my history. In fact, I can't blame them when my own mother comes into my room (when I lived at home) one day while I was playing against her and Night watching me, to see if I hack. To this day, both her and Night still question me. Anyway, *NaM* on CoD4 died but they are, even now, popular of BF4. I on the other hand, hate BF games. So, I just permanently changed my name since I was no longer in a clan. During this time, I had made friends with M and a few other people from s*8. Though, I will say that it was M who was one of the people who made me really want to join s*8. Who can resist her charm. :) During this time, I kept to the name Ruddy. I hadn't changed it since I first changed my name to it (months before), and I slowly started getting known on the server under that name. Still, people would constantly throw hints at me that they thought I hacked, and I'm going to admit that was what was taking me so long in applying to the clan. Finally, I broke down one day and did it. I thought, hey if they think I'm that bad, what's the worst that can happen? Well, it turned out that I was alright to join the clan. I was very giddy. In fact, I remember Anpan questioning me "why do you want to be apart of s*8", and I answered and right after he was like well congrats! Twas a happy moment. :)

Being in this clan has been a great experience. When I first joined s*8, the server was starting to die slowly, due to issues with the server and such. So, not long after our server was next to never populated. I will say, that didn't stop me (at the beginning) from trying to get the server populated. I'd force a few of my friends (*NaM*Gigabyte being the top of that list) to help me try to fill the server. So, we would sit on an empty server just fooling around with different glitches until somebody would join. Sometimes, it would take 45 mins to like 2 hours before anyone would join. I was persistent though, and both Gigabyte were easily entertained by doing stupid glitches to pass the time by. Eventually, it got to be a let down and I stopped trying as much. In fact, I started going over SC because I'd like to at least get a game or two in before I had to go. Thus slowly started the drama with SC. Will not go into that mess, but I will say I have never been kicked or temp banned as much as I was there. So in all of this time, I made my way up from a member, to an admin, to a senior admin. I don't know how ( ;) ), but hey, I've very much enjoyed it. Now, we have a very much populated server to manage and I enjoy it very much!

I'm sure I could have made this even more long winded, but I'll spare your eyes. :)

Post subject: Re: [s*8].Ruddy
 Post Posted: December 13th, 2016, 9:03 pm 
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Here are some screenshots I've managed to find. Sadly, these are all old and none are from my time in s*8.

Modern Warfare 2
(Score Cap was low in this game - sadly)

I've always been a little proud of this one. All I used in game was a knife and throwing knife.

Only used a shotty. It's the lack of deaths I was surprised about.

*NaM* Days

After *NaM* - Before S*8

s*8 Fun

Last edited by Ruddy on February 25th, 2017, 9:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post Posted: December 19th, 2016, 6:12 pm 
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

I had no idea you were Chuckles! I knew you longer than I thought I did :)

Post Posted: December 28th, 2016, 11:32 pm 
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Ha, yep! The one and only. :p

Board index » General Topics » The Chronicles of Section 8