Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Topics » The Chronicles of Section 8

Post subject: [s*8].DoctorD
 Post Posted: December 20th, 2016, 7:06 am 
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Well, since it’s been me who initiated this topic, I guess it’s about time for me to write my little chronicle as well.

First of my name is David (thus the D in my name) and contrary to what a bunch of people might think I am not actually a doctor but just a 21 year old student.

Since I am a pretty fresh member I reckon most of this is no big news for most of you. I started playing COD4 in 2013 after some friends played with me via LAN for a while. It was the first time I took more time to play a FPS (beforehand I only played CS Source every now and again but didn’t like it all that much). At that time I was hopping around some servers on 1.7 until I had to install the game again after it crashed for some weird reason and I found The Psych Ward and Scare Clan’s TDM server. I remember when I first started playing I almost got myself kicked multiple times (at some point [s*8].Sugar even asked me if I had been banned for a while after I hadn’t played for a while) as people suggested I were using marty though I just used Nades x3 and kept dying while throwing nades (so manual marty, so to speak). After some time the admins at that time seemed to realize that I was adherent to the rules and I didn’t get any more complains.

For the first few month of playing a stayed rather quiet and didn’t actually interact with anybody until at some day (and I don’t know why I remember exactly that fact) [s*8].SuperFly and [s*8].RAT (at least I think it were those two) were having a conversation about food, while I was veeery hungry and just like that I started to have a little chat with them. It was around that time that I started do actually talk to some of you up until [s*8].Kasik6 asked me if I’d like to join in April 2015 I think. It only took about a day or two until [s*8].Munckey told me that I could feel free to start wearing the tags which at first I didn’t quite believe but when I started wearing them I was welcomed very friendly. Then sometimes around last summer after quite a lot of members expressed their trust in me becoming an admin I ended up as a SelectorAdmin.
It didn't end up as a novel like the one Ruddy wrote unfortunately but thats my story of how I ended up here. :D

Board index » General Topics » The Chronicles of Section 8