Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Topics » The Chronicles of Section 8

Post subject: [s*8].Munckey
 Post Posted: December 21st, 2016, 12:36 pm 
Clan Member
Clan Member

Hey.
So, I'll see if I can tell you an interesting story of how I ended up in the Secion8Clan, too.
I'm 22 years old, and my real name is Viktor Munck, hence the name "Munckey" which is a combination of my last name and "Monkey". I believe you have all witnessed my swift jumping around and climbing the palm trees on Backlot, etc., which indicates why this name suits me.

I first started playing CoD4 right around the time it initially came out 10 years ago, so I was 12 years old back then. I was introduced to the game by two of my friends who took me to an internet café, saying that I really had to try this game and so on... They pretty much expected to give me a rough beating, I suppose, since they'd played it before, whereas I would have to get accustomed to the controls and all that. But I was actually quite good from the start, and I beat them pretty well, winning the game by 150-200 points more than them, so afterwards they were pretty disappointed because they had looked forward to having some fun at my expense. :D

So I bought the game and started playing at home, and after a month or two I found a server that I really liked, which belonged to a clan called Crusaders (tag [CrU]). At first I would swear a lot and test them a bit when they warned me to watch my language (I was 12 after all, what can you expect), but after they had kicked me I realised that they were being serious, so I started adhering to their rules and ended up having some nice people to talk to there, and ultimately I joined their clan and remained there for 2-3 years, until we started losing traffic and moved to 1.7, and from there the game generally went downhill population-wise.

After this I had a break from the game, for some years actually, and returned to play on some servers belonging to a clan named The Madhouse Clan, which consisted of 3 sub-clans called Bernie's Madhouse, Smoking's Madhouse, and I don't remember the third one. I joined the (SMH) and pretty quickly became an admin (this was the first time I ever became an admin), and I was there for like half a year, but then we lost our population completely, and after a while of trying to regain it, I left the clan and found the Murder Inc. (tag {187-(rank)(name)}), where I first met our very own Painkilla, and we both became admins there. I remained in that clan for 1½ years or so, but we also started losing population and it was decided to move to 1.7, which I had prior experience about, so I decided that I did not want to follow. Pain stayed up until I bumped into him on the s*8 clan a year later and asked if he wanted to switch over to our clan.
But before this, I joined the Hitman Clan (tag (Hit|(rank)-(name)) where I would become a Recruiter (1 rank over Admin) pretty quickly. This was probably my second most favourite clan to be in; I knew some really nice people there and thrived very well. But, as if it were a law of nature, we lost most of our population and tried to keep what was left, but after a few months it had not gotten any better, so I decided to leave and find somewhere else to play, and this is where I found the Psych Ward.

To be honest, I don't have much memory of the first period of time playing on the Psych Ward... I have pretty much lost track of time in the past few years as a university student with no stable schedule... But I believe the first people I met from the clan were M, SuperFly and Vagisil. I think M was playing undercover, because I only realised much later that she was actually in the clan, but when I met her with her tag on, we had conversations about things that I recalled from when I met her without her tag. I pretty quickly joined the clan, and soon after became an admin, and now I've been here for about 2½ years.

This is by far my favourite clan, because we have a very tight relationship to each other, and there's room for anyone, no matter their age or country of origin, and we can all get along even though we may not agree with each other politically etc. - on the contrary, we get some interesting discussion going on, which is nice.
I truly feel like the clan is a "second family", and I can always find comfort and consolidation when life gets tough.
Our clan also gets along very well with everyone else playing on our server; we do not exclude anyone from our community or treat non-members with less respect than members, which I am sure is the reason that we have managed to maintain our population despite having had several periods of server issues. We are a clan with a very strong foundation, a loving and caring community, and we are more than able to compete with other clans when it comes to popularity, server and clan quality.

We all owe our thanks to Vagisil especially. He is the one who has taken care of things in the periods where GameServers somehow messed up our server so that we lost our population, and he is devoted to maintaining our server and website with such enthusiasm, even when there are not many others who have time to help out because of their job, education, or other aspects of life.
I am very grateful that he is willing to keep up the good work so that we can all have a place to go and relax with some cartoon killing (courtesy of RAT) and have some nice conversations.
But every one of us should also be proud that we have managed to create and be part of such a great clan and gaming community, and I hope that we will have many more years in the CoD4 universe, since this is a classic and by far my favourite game to play.

So this is my story, and I thank you all very much for being part of it so that I can share my life with you. You are all great people, and I feel so privileged to know you.

[s*8].Munckey

Post subject: Re: [s*8].Munckey
 Post Posted: April 3rd, 2017, 8:04 am 
Selector Admin
Selector Admin

Yup. met you at 187.. been friend for a long time.. never knew why you left.. then our server just went to kaboom and saw you at the HIT server, that's when you told me what happen. I was there at the hit server when you left the hit clan. few weeks later I saw you wearing S8.. that's where I ended up now..

Thanks Munckey !

Post subject: Re: [s*8].Munckey
 Post Posted: April 5th, 2017, 12:43 am 
Clan Member
Clan Member

I remembered when I first played this game, after a year when it came out. The population was very high I played in a clan called Keepin Ya Real. I played with a couple of guys all the time, after that clan broke up due to no money to keep the server going and no funds for TeamSpeak because the owner of the clan seemed like he disappeared I quit playing for years, until I came back and found s*8.

Board index » General Topics » The Chronicles of Section 8