[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Section 8 Clan Forums • View topic - [s*8].ThatGuy
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Topics » The Chronicles of Section 8

Post subject: [s*8].ThatGuy
 Post Posted: March 25th, 2018, 9:40 pm 
Selector Admin
Selector Admin

Thought I'd explain my origin story and a bit of background on myself.

My names Jon, i live in the frozen state of Minnesota. I am 21 and i work for a Hyundai dealership and I am currently serving in the United States Army as an 88M or Motor Transport Operator. My primary duty as an 88M is to operate various different vehicles such as the 5 ton(LMTV) , the LHS (personal favorite) and the M915A3 & A5 (which is a freight liner). My specific unit primary uses the newer model M915A5 to transport petrol fuel. I have been in the Army for almost 3 years. As for my Hyundai Job, I've been with Hyundai for almost 4 years as a Light Duty tech. Another thing thing about me is i am an avid car audio enthusiast. I love music so much i made a fun hobby out of it. I got two 15" Skar ZVX15s in the back of my SUV super loud and super fun. Also if anyone is wondering during basic training i shot a 33 out of 40 on the range qualifying as a sharpshooter with the M4 rifle and a CCO scope and targets ranging from 50,75,100,175,200,250,and 300meters.

Anyway with my gaming background. So i started gaming back in 2007 with my brother on PC with a game called Joint Operations: Typhoon Rising and Joint Operations:Escalation. We did LAN matches since all the servers were no longer around cause i believe Novalogic is no longer around as of 2016 and servers ended for the game many many before that. But luckily the LAN still worked. Anyway the game was given to us by our grandfather who also games alot and after a couple years he noticed we loved the first person shooters. He looked around his gaming boxes and found Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare still in the original box and gave it to us. Of course I was the one to play it first and most of the time. I didnt have the most powerful of computers at the time, in fact i had a laptop for the longest time until 2017. Took some time but i got the settings so low in detail i got above 100FPS on a laptop. I jumped form server to server most of the first week or two until about the end of 2010 when a particular server with a lot of color caught my eye. The Psych Ward. I jumped on with the alias as my first name and changed it to ThatGuy cause i thought it would be the funniest thing to kill someone and have it say "Killed by ThatGuy" yeah super lame and boring but it stuck and i didn't change it for a while. In September of 2011 i put in my request for membership and on the night of 9/10/11 i was told by M to add my clan tags. I only know of RAT and M that approved I am unsure of who the third party was that approved but one day ill find out and thank them. I very much remember the days that steam was NOT a thing and it was in fact XFire that we had all communicated on. Anyway years and years went by with members coming and going. Fun being had like our clan battles with the ATRS clan and gaming with everyone on Killing floor. Members coming and going,staying forever, and some becoming good friends such as NobodyCan, MR3, FeuerFrei, Echodawg, BoonNY, LittleG (before we found out she was a he..yes fun times), JustinSc, Bookworm, Trgrfngr, Widowmakr, M & Z3bra (M's daughter) , Lizard, Patch and LittlePatch, MARS , BOGUS , MrDeath, M4niac, Vagisal, hawkeye, Mantaj, Dizzy, Spud, Kira (now Anpan) , HG1 , and many many more others that i wish i could remember. Sometimes I do remember playing with old members and how fun it was. Good times were had and its memories ill honestly cherish for my life. Well continuing on, i believe it was 2014 i kinda quit or had a hiatus with the clan as my laptop broke or i lost a bit of interest as i was working more and more and i had college to worry about. But i made a return in early 2016 under the new name Hybrix but that was short lived and changed back to ThatGuy later that same year. 2017 came around and i was going to be gone from december 2016 to about august 2017 as I was doing my training for the Army at Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri. During my job training i had made purchases here and there for a new computer build so that i could come back and game more with section8 on COD4 and many newer game titles. I came back strong and ready for virtual war in September 2017 and that pretty much brings you guys up to date with my gaming career.

I am very open to answering things if i missed anything or you want further detail.

Post subject: Re: [s*8].ThatGuy
 Post Posted: March 26th, 2018, 9:54 am 
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

I actually remember recruiting you way back in the day, if I'm not wrong :) Either way, it was a lot of fun back in 'the old days'

Board index » General Topics » The Chronicles of Section 8