[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Section 8 Clan Forums • View topic - What's in a Name?
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Topics » The Chronicles of Section 8

Post subject: What's in a Name?
 Post Posted: February 17th, 2018, 7:59 pm 
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Been poking around all over the forums and I've read just about every topic here, but one thing I haven't seen is people explain where they came up with their game names. Surely there's a story behind it. My player name goes back to the days of Delta Force Black Hawk Down (all the way back to 2003) when me and three of my friends bought the game. Actually our names go back a bit further than that to Delta Force 2, in which we called ourselves Cougar, Merlin, Maverick and Goose. Yes, after the four guys in the opening scenes of Top Gun. Back then I was apparently up at all hours of the day & night and they constantly joked with me about how I never got any sleep. When BHD came out, we made our new characters names. It occurred to me that the name Merlin backwards was Nilrem and NIL means nonexistent while REM is a stage of sleep. So with a simple reversal of my old name I became 'the backwards wizard who doesn't sleep'. 8-)

So what inspired your game name?

Need Version COD 4 v1.8? Click

Post subject: Re: What's in a Name?
 Post Posted: February 17th, 2018, 8:30 pm 
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Love the idea!

There is 0 inspiration behind the name 'Ruddy'. I used to go by the name Chuckles way way way back in the day - before my s*8 days. My other clan was slowly going down hill (on CoD4, it was thriving on BF4 - which I don't play), and I just wanted to keep to my self and who I played with at the time, so we'd often switch our name for the heck of it. Of course, s*8 had b3 and knew who we were - which was fine because we weren't hiding from the actual people or server of s*8, just laying low. Though, I'll admit that we were highly suspected of hacking by some admins in the clan and they would not so subtly tell us so. Even came to air that they thought we were changing our names to hide the fact we were hacking and they would get a litttle cocky stating they had b3 and knew who we were. I'm 95% sure we had a follow thrown on us with our name in it stating every time we came on the server. Which was fine, we already knew that. So...the last name I randomly switched my name to was Ruddy and it was the last name I was like you know what, I'm tired of getting called out for trying to hide behind different names - so I'm just going to keep this one on to prove a point. Well, long long long down the road (I had always wanted to join s*8 because as much as I was getting harassed for hacking, I still loved the server and even everyone apart of the clan - even if they may not have thought I was legit at the time) I applied under the name Ruddy and this has been my name since. Sometimes, I miss my good 'ol Chuckles because that was the name I went by from the very first CoD but...Ruddy has grown on me. Especially when listening to M trying to pronounce it over mic. :)

Post Posted: February 18th, 2018, 6:16 am 
Clan Member
Clan Member

My name is simply a contraction of my last name, Munck, and the word "monkey", to form a so-called pun, or word-play.
I've used this name since I started playing CoD4, which was pretty much at the time it came out - ~11 years ago. I chose to change my name to EagleEye while I was in my first clan, called the Crusaders [CrU], but not long after that we decided to move to patch 1.7, and the server and clan pretty much died. So I went on a hiatus from CoD, and when I returned I decided to pick up with my original name.

As many of you can probably confirm, the "monkey" part of my name suits me well because I jump all over the place and get into glitches on some maps that no-one is sure how I do ;)

Post Posted: February 19th, 2018, 11:12 am 
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

NobodyCan comes from shortened NobodyCanSee, which I thought was hilarious when I was like 11. I started playing this game basically as soon as it came out. My brother and dad became members and quickly senior admins, so I joined as well. NobodyCanSee wouldn't fit with the tags, so it became NobodyCan. There were times in the past that I would try to think of more clever names, but NobodyCan kinda just stuck. So now NobodyCan is my name on CoD4, Fortnite, Garry's Mod and just about everything except Warface and Xbox, where it is NobodyCan1

Post Posted: February 19th, 2018, 11:30 am 
Selector Admin
Selector Admin

I have also played the COD M4 since it came out in 2017.
I also called Greek when I was in another clan.
My name badman I do not use because I am not bad person (if I have to say so) but as you know, I'm not good at spelling, therefore I chose to call me badman :lol:

Post Posted: February 20th, 2018, 11:59 am 
Selector Admin
Selector Admin

Trogg was a powerful creature that was released into the Troll Kingdom. See the Thor comic book 253.
I used this since the first edition of Counterstrike started online. Played over dial up AOL. Before that my favorite was MechWarrior on a Commodore 64. At one time, I was very good. Not the best, but much better than today. Still like to play though.

I know there is a topic that includes some of this info but I like this topic. Love the avatars. Can we add an explaination of why we chose the pictures we did? Mine is a picture of Trogg as it appears in the comic.

Ruddy your duck rules! And yes M, I am a man. Naturally born that way. No changes planned in the future!!!!! :lol:

Post Posted: February 20th, 2018, 3:57 pm 
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

My picture is Jeff Goldblum saying 'shhh'. I think it's great. No reason, just Jeff.

Post Posted: February 20th, 2018, 4:31 pm 
Clan Member
Clan Member

I don't have a picture, so ummm.... yeah..

Post Posted: February 20th, 2018, 4:35 pm 
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Mine is an illustration of the pun “sarchasm” which is a combination of the words “sarcasm” and “chasm” to make a new word which describes the gap between those who understand a joke and those who don’t.

Need Version COD 4 v1.8? Click

Post Posted: June 7th, 2018, 7:36 pm 
Clan Member
Clan Member

I had two nicknames growing up (Both given to me by teammates from my old Mil-sim Airsoft team)

One was "Cowboy" as I typically liked to "run and gun" Which my cousin/teammate referred to as "being a cowboy, and taking unnecessary risks.
My 2nd (and current name) "Gadgets" Is in reference to the techy side of me, I enjoy tinkering and fixing things, from small engines, to being the "team mechanic" if any of the guys had a gun go down, and needed some upgrades gone. (Most likely came from the "Mac Bolan" books as the guy who tagged me with this name was a big fan of his, and there is a gear head that did all the teams upgrades and "Gadgets"

Another reason is I never go halfway on something, if Im getting into a hobby, or looking to do something. I do my research and get the best tried and true "Gadgets" for whatever I'm doing.

Now that was way more then you asked for :)

Board index » General Topics » The Chronicles of Section 8