[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Section 8 Clan Forums • View topic - [s*8].M4niAc
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Topics » The Chronicles of Section 8

Post subject: [s*8].M4niAc
 Post Posted: December 9th, 2018, 8:45 pm 
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

I am wanting to divulge my history with the clan...

It was the summer of '89 (not really) and I popped in to S8 and enjoyed the active members/admins. My name at the time was M4niAcSh00ter. That name plus the tags were too long, so it became M4niAc. Which by the way, is my go to alias for everything after that. I was a regular by every definition. Then one day, an admin that left a long time ago, nagged me on and I got myself in trouble. I was in the dog house until seniority spoke with me and determined that the admin pushed me into a corner.

After that, I climbed the ranks and became an admin. Then I got the keys to castle, as Bullet always said, some time after I really proved my worth, and became senior administration.

I eventually pitched the idea to build a new website with Joomla. And I registered section8clan.com in my name as well. Gotta be honest, the site was pretty dope. And sadly, one day, it was compromised and we had to take it down. We had to take what we could and come up from the ashes. Hence forth, these forums were born.

During that time, I also created an Rcon Tool that was the bomb diggity. Call of Duty always had the bug where it wouldn't actually ban someone, because the file it wrote to and the file that it read were different. So I created an rcon tool that had individual user logins so we didn't have to give out the main password, and when you banned with it, it would write to the correct file via FTP and ban the person. I believe there was also a feature where we could track individuals via the tool as well, but that might have been Bullet's autorcon. The first iteration was slow as poop, then I rewrote it to be more aggressive, and literally bash the game server until it got the information it needed. That worked so much better, and was even faster than some of the 'commercial' rcon tools.

Then I headed B3 and got that online for us. *mind blown* That thing was awesome. At some point in time, the host we used had a non stop ddos attack on their infrastructure.. And said screw it, we don't have the resources to deal with this, good bye. So after that, I looked into the possibility of hosting it myself which went well.

Then.. At some point, I felt the desire to make my own bot, which I did to a degree, and even tied in a web gui to help manage it as well. Basic commands, and chat logs.

At some point, I dropped of the radar. According to my last logon on these forums, it was 2014.

Now I am BACK!

Post subject: Re: [s*8].M4niAc
 Post Posted: December 9th, 2018, 9:33 pm 
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Glad to see ya back. Hopefully you get to being regular in everything again, but you can always seek a gastroenterologist if you have trouble in that area :lol:

Need Version COD 4 v1.8? Click

Post Posted: December 10th, 2018, 5:43 am 
Clan Member
Clan Member

Welcome back, sir. Thank you for your past contributions to the clan!

Post Posted: December 11th, 2018, 11:21 am 
Selector Admin
Selector Admin

Welcome back and thank you for your grate work back in time. We are very pleased with that

Post Posted: December 11th, 2018, 1:06 pm 
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Welcome back sir, and thanks for what you've done and will do :)

Post Posted: December 20th, 2018, 7:09 pm 
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

A very big welcome back and the others have mentioned thank you for all your previous work. :D

Board index » General Topics » The Chronicles of Section 8