[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
Section 8 Clan Forums • View topic - Do you always play with game sound on?
Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » General Topics » General Gaming Topics

Post Posted: November 4th, 2017, 2:52 am 
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

G'day all, I 99% of the time have the speakers turned off and just enjoy the game and really do not care about my score which is usually down the bottom, but it doesn't matter as I have fun and that all that matters to me. B safe all i will be missing till the end of November as away on holidays.

Post Posted: November 4th, 2017, 6:49 am 
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Always listen to game with headset.. I'm always listening to music in car, work or around house. In the game... listening for Bonito, and the rest of you who want to carve up this snake with their knives.

Post Posted: November 7th, 2017, 1:40 am 
Selector Admin
Selector Admin

Bzz. I'm addicted to music but when it comes to play I prefer to hear all action( bullets , kabooms, Bonitos sharp knives etc.)
Play fast or don't

Post Posted: November 7th, 2017, 10:31 pm 
Clan Member
Clan Member

Most of the time I only use in-game sound, but I also like to listen to talk shows on a lower volume when I play. I feel like not being able to hear the distance of grenades bouncing, or the direction gunfire is coming from, is a big disadvantage.

Plus, I'm a big fan of UAV jammer, and hearing that the enemy has a UAV up is important to my style of play.

Post Posted: November 22nd, 2017, 12:37 am 
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

Always have the sound on, you can hear foot steps around a corner that way. If you have UAV up, and hear foot steps but nothing's visible on UAV then the enemy is there with UAV Jammer (teammates always show up). Plus it lets you hide from airstrikes. Jet engines without "friendly airstrike on the way" means get to cover.

On that note, never be in a rush to respawn when killed by an airstrike. There's a good chance you'll get killed again by it, giving the enemy more kills. Even if you're not killed by the airstrike, but just happen to die when one's going on, watch the kill cam and let that airstrike be gone before spawning again.

And since I touched on that subject - kill cams are the bane of campers. If I don't know where you killed me from, I'll watch it and go there next. The only thing that works better against campers is marty, and that's not allowed here. Well, maybe last stand but most people keep shooting you so you don't get that last shot off against the better players.

But I seem to have gotten off topic. What was this about again? Oh yes... sound judgement...in a psych ward.

Need Version COD 4 v1.8? Click

Post Posted: November 22nd, 2017, 12:55 am 
Senior Admin
Senior Admin

I've learned that I play worse with sound then I do without. I've trained my mind to always be on the lookout (be what's in front of me, or what's on UAV) and just be highly aware what's going on around me (airstrikes, Heli's, tracers). When I play with sound, I become to conscious of what's around me, and that often gets me killed. My worst games to date have been with sound on and my best without sound. So, it really just depends on the person and their play style.

Board index » General Topics » General Gaming Topics